Organic mayo too good to be true??

wholelottahope

Are you sure it doesn't have canola or soy bean oil? Canola is ok if you are eating at a restaurant but you want to avoid it in your mayo and soybean oil is not compliant. Please let us know the brands so we can find some. Every mayo that I have found is not compliant. By the way, it is really easy to make if you have a blender, food processor or stick blender.

Organic does not equal compliant. I think it would be pretty mythical if you found a store-bought mayo w/out soybean oil! The only brand I found online is Spectrum, which does have soy.

Ingredients :

Organic expeller canola oil, Organic whole eggs, Filtered water, Organic egg yolks, Organic distilled vinegar,

Organic white mustard, (Organic Distilled Vinegar, water, Organic mustard seed, salt, Organic Clove), Salt Organic Lemon juice concentrate, natural flavor

The 365 WF Organic does contain expeller pressed canola oil. As I read it, canola oil is allowed as a convenience to adapt to restaurants using it and the ability to eat out once in a while. I don't have ISWF in front of me, but the rest of the ingredients were fine. I use it beyond W30, but am not 100% sure about using in during a W30. I don't eat enough mayonnaise to make it, but I have made it and it's easy to do. 

I just made my own 'mayo' for canned salmon. I can't have eggs, so I took a half an avacado put in some lemon juice and olive oil and mixed it so it was the consistency of mayo. Then I mixed it in with the salmon. Delicious!!!

Here's the thing: This would be one of those technically-compliant-but-not-likely-to-get-you-great-results foods.  Most of us use mayo as a healthy added fat, but canola oil is a poor fat choice. You're much better off avoiding this and choosing a completely different source. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived