Starting Monday 31st March!

Karyna

Hi everyone! After a month of terrible eating, completely off Paleo due to events and birthdays and illnesses... I am ready to embark on my THIRD whole30 to help reset my system and try to rid myself of these sugar cravings!

My husband @RobKinsella will also be doing this with me for his second time!

Anyone else starting tomorrow? Today is prep day in our household! Can't wait to start tomorrow!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I am also starting tomorrow (March 31st). I turn 30 at the beginning of June and so I picked April (when I don't have as much going on besides one work trip), to call it my Whole30 for 30! I've been mostly Paleo since January, and at first lost a decent amount of weight. But I never took out alcohol and really did a lot of protein bars, and convenience food that was "paleo," not so much cooking my own stuff. The past month I've been cheating a lot, and put on a fair amount of the weight that I lost. I am VERY excited to get on board with this, and nervous at the same time! I just went to Whole Foods and stocked up for all the food for the first week! Tonight I am trying not to go too crazy, but having a girls dinner out and calling it my "goodbye" dinner of sorts. my friends and family are supportive, but no one is doing it with me. My boyfriend is long-distance (i am moving there in May---another reason to choose April) and we only have one visit this month, which is another reason it's easier (we tend to eat out a lot when we see each other!). However, looks like the forum will be my biggest support group since I don't know anyone in real life doing it! I am looking forward to getting to know you all as we work through this!!!

Starting tomorrow 3/31 as well. Made my meal plan for the first week and grocery shopped over the weekend. I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes! I'm giving up coffee for 30 days, too, and replacing it with green tea. It's a busy week at work - here's hoping I'm not sleepy or dopey for the first few days!

I was going to start 4/1 but I figure since tomorrow is a fairly scheduled day foodwise and my 100% non-paleo housemate is making bacon mushroom burgers for dinner out of Nom Nom Paleo, I might as well count it as Day 1.

I did a Whole30 in February and totally went off the rails this last month. Lost almost all my progress and went back to eating things I know aren't good for me just because they're there and there aren't any rules that say I can't, with LOTS of guilt.

I'm stocked up on sardines and canned salmon, just bought all my fruit for the week and boiled eggs, veg are going to be chopped tomorrow morning while I cook breakfast, dinners are planned for the entire week, and I can't WAIT for Day 14-21 when the sugar dragon finally begins to quiesce (that's usually my timeline).

Hi everyone! Glad to see so many starting today! Where are you all from?

I live in London UK and I went Paleo about a year ago but still had the alcohol and non-Paleo foods occasionally. I did my first whole30 in September/October and felt amazing and then went off the rails the following month and decided to do my second whole30 from mid-November to mid-December and because of Christmas, I went CRAZY afterwards. After Christmas I got back into a good routine that was about 85-90% Paleo... And then March came which was a mix of my husband's and my birthdays and lots of eating out and our daughter and I have been ill for the past two weeks so have not exercised and have been comfort eating my body weight in baked goods!

Here is my meal plan for the day:

M1 - scotch eggs and spinach salad (recipe from WellFed)

M2 - zesty lime prawn and avocado salad

M3 - Italian Sausage and Eggplant Strata (from WellFed book)

I plan on taking my daughter out to a museum today so will be packing the salad for lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey everyone!  I live in Seoul, South Korea and started 3/31 (today) as well.  This is my absolute first venture on any sort of healthy eating program so I will need lots of help.  I'm a horrible cook as it is so this might be a challenge.  But I prepped yesterday- lots of chopped veggies. boiled eggs, meats ready.  Day 1 is going fine- just a little hungry.  I'm grateful for the support!

Starting my 3rd round of W30 today as well.  I've had pretty good luck with it in the past and like to hit it once a year as a nice reset. Since Sept we've moved from CO to MA and then turned around and spent the first two months of the year in LV for my job.  Things seem to be settling a bit so I wanted to use this opportunity to undo some of the damage I've done over the last 6 months.  I'm also looking forward to seeing what kind of gains I can make pairing a W30 with CrossFit.

My wife has been battling Hashimoto's for the better part of 5 years through 2 pregnancies and the docs have never been able to get her leveled out with just meds.  She finally has agreed to see if radical changes in diet will help and I couldn't be more thrilled to help her out.  She isn't quite going W30 but she is eliminating grains/sugars which is a rather huge step for her.  It will skew towards more W30 compliant stuff when I'm at home with them but she can branch out a little bit during the day when she is home with the kids.

Looking forward to a great 30 days!

Day 1 - first whole30! Typically follow paleo 80/20 however the past few weeks (er...months?) that ratio has shifted. Time to reset. I have done 2 paleo challenges before, both with great success, but was allowed paleo treats, and complete cheats as well. Soooo this will be my first attempt at the no-nonsense, no paleo baked goods, no alcohol!!!! Ready to do this!! (Easy to say on day 1...?)

Love these forums. I did Body for Life about 2 years ago and like many didn't quite keep my post-program results on track. I have wanted to get into the Paleo lifestyle and keep not making the 100% push. I have realized that I have got to finally get on board with some drastic changes and allow a full body reset - hoping to see some positive changes in terms of new food allergies I have developed and the resulting eczema, etc. Looking forward to the program and the support here. I got zero prep done over the weekend due to family plans, etc. I usually make dinners that are already somewhat in line with Whole30, will have to do a serious review of new ideas for breakfast and lunch though. No sugar, alcohol and reducing my snacks will also be big challenges - like for most I am sure :) Here we go!

Greetings, all! I'm from Mississippi and starting my 2nd Whole 30 today!

I completed a Whole30 (more of a Whole45ish) after the New Year with much success... weight loss galore! Since then, the last few months have been great for body comp changes (inches lost) and increases in fitness level (yay!) but no real progress as far as weight loss goes ... and I have a LOT to lose! I am pretty sure this is because I have been eating well Monday through Friday and then feeling entitled on the weekend, giving in to the little rascal on my shoulder whispering "You deserve this!" when confronted with weekend treats after hitting the gym hard all week. 

As well, refined carbs had crept back into my daily diet (No, Kitty! Bad, Kitty!) as I had returned to simply calorie counting in an attempt to get away from stressing about food on a macro level. While it's definitely shown itself to be a great plan for maintenance, I'm once again impatient to move forward with my health and weight loss goals. Time to clean this diet up!

Additional motivation: My one year lifestyle anniversary is April 4th (104 pounds lost so far!) and I'm looking forward to kicking off my 2nd year nourishing my body with whole, healthy foods, kicking tail in the gym and generally being awesome! Also, I am going on a 7 day cruise in November! So exciting ...

I look forward to getting to know you all over the next 30 days! Best of luck to you! And congrats on Day 1! =)

I'm starting (started) today!! Halfway through the day and already wanting to throw in the towel but I've made the DECISION to commit and will not screw this up! Arming myself with many of the tools you need to succeed including meal planning and prepping, reading tones of info on Paleo and Whole 30 to keep informed and motivated and joining THIS forum!!! Looking forward to hearing about all the changes from you all in the coming months!!

I've found Nom Nom Paleo App to be extremely helpful with great recipes! Terrified of getting bored eating this way so want to learn many new recipes!

I've also started my Whole30 today. The first two meals have went well but I can feel the sugar dragon rearing it's ugly head already. This is my first Whole30. I've been eating paleo for about a year but am interested to see what this will do for me.

I have the sugar rage for another reason today- I went shopping for coconut flakes and visited multiple stores and could not find any coconut flakes without sugar added! Come on, world! Coconut should be fine without it. Would anyone in Canada be able to suggest a place where they found some?

Here's hoping that the next few days go smoothly! I'm also recovering from jetlag from spending the last two months in Russia. The combo should be super!

Me tooo! Anyone find a meal plan on here?

Good luck Ya'lll!

Are you talking about the meal planning template? http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf.  Nom Nom Paleo has blogged about two of her whole30s. She has posted 30 whole30 meals. http://nomnompaleo.com/post/42057515329/the-round-up-30-days-of-whole30-recipes.  Also search the forum for recipes http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/25-recipe-sharing/. or The Clothes Make The Girl. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2014/01/03/30-whole30-friendly-recipes/.  Enjoy!

Hi everyone!

How was your day one?

I had one moment of temporary weakness where I wanted to devour the leftover pitta bread from my daughter's lunch. But I persevered and said no. My daughter and I also went out to a museum in the afternoon and I brought a Nakd Cashew cookie bar (dates and cashews squished into a bar which is technically whole30) just in case I got hungry but I didn't. I managed to wait until dinner!

Yesterday's meals were:

M1 - scotch egg with spinach salad

M2 - salmon, roasted butternut squash and broccoli

M3 - Italian Sausage and Eggplant Strata with spinach, 7 cashew nuts, and grilled apple for dessert.

Today's meal plan is:

M1 - Egg & bacon muffin cups with spinach salad and a banana (I ate the banana about an hour before M1 as I was on my way to work and was starving)

M2 - Italian Eggplant Strata with spinach salad, 14 cashew nuts and strawberries

M3 - grilled sea bass sauteed in ghee, roasted butternut squash, roasted brussels sprouts and asparagus

I'm feeling really motivated about this third whole30. I even worked out this morning which I have not done in almost two weeks due to illness. I also plan on running 2 miles at lunch time.

How is everyone today?

Hey everyone!  I live in Seoul, South Korea and started 3/31 (today) as well.  This is my absolute first venture on any sort of healthy eating program so I will need lots of help.  I'm a horrible cook as it is so this might be a challenge.  But I prepped yesterday- lots of chopped veggies. boiled eggs, meats ready.  Day 1 is going fine- just a little hungry.  I'm grateful for the support!

Welcome to the whole30!

If you are finding you are a bit hungry, make sure you are eating enough carbohydrates (sweet potatoes are my favourite!) and fats (nuts, avocado, etc).

Here is the meal template you should follow:

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Good luck!

I'm starting (started) today!! Halfway through the day and already wanting to throw in the towel but I've made the DECISION to commit and will not screw this up! Arming myself with many of the tools you need to succeed including meal planning and prepping, reading tones of info on Paleo and Whole 30 to keep informed and motivated and joining THIS forum!!! Looking forward to hearing about all the changes from you all in the coming months!!

I've found Nom Nom Paleo App to be extremely helpful with great recipes! Terrified of getting bored eating this way so want to learn many new recipes!

You can do this Lindsay!

I did great yesterday but I didn't eat enough, I think. I have to remember that this Whole30, unlike last round, I am very active and need to support that activity. Since I've cut out my usual protein bars and such, this means effort on my part and that's okay! I can do this!

Planned Activity: Today is lift day! Plus 30 minutes of additional cardio. Woot!

Really excited to see where Round 2 of Whole30 takes me.

I saw a post or two yesterday about already wanting to throw in the towel. Please don't! You made a commitment to yourself and it's only 30 days! I know it's seemingly a stretch to say this program will change your life but it will. Or at the very least, you'll learn something about yourself that you didn't know prior, even if it's just that you can keep a promise to yourself ... which is huge! That is self-respect in action!

So hang in there, all. Buckle up! It's going to be a rough few weeks but you are already closer to the end than you were yesterday! You've made the first step towards better health ... time to ride it out! And rock it out!

Wishing you all a healthy, happy day! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Archived