high fructose corn syrup

Babsie95

Ok I am pretty sure I have a sensitivity. Im not sure if it is all corn or just high fructose corn syrup. About 1 to 8 hours after ingestion everything runs thru. What are others experiencing with this. Is it possible to react to corn syrup but not corn meal or other forms if corn?

yes. some people react to the concentrated fructose not the corn. If this is you, I would also be sure to avoid agave as well as high fructose corn syrup. Agave is made from a different plant, but it processed for the same high-fructose hit.

EDIT: just fyi, I deleted your duplicate post.

If I were you--or even if I were me--I would avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague from now on. No need to test anything. That stuff is bad for everybody, not just people with a specific sensitivity.

That said, you might want to test actual corn and see how you do with that. It would be good to know if you can enjoy fresh corn on the cob, for example, in season, of if you should avoid it.

Now that I am seeing how corn syrup affects my body so many of my issues are tied to this. So far its the only clear sensitivity. I still need to test gluten probably tomorrow. I would have never been able to identify this without the 30. I am grateful

The fructose itself might be out of your system, but the irritation it did to your digestive system might last several days.  I would go back to W30 eating for another 3 days or so, and make sure things are back to normal before I tried to reintro anything else.

Archived