Starting April 7th

BrandiB1983

Hello, 

My name is Brandi and I am a 30 year old mother of one son. I am truly ready for a change and over the last 10 weeks lost 12.3 pounds by exercising and changing my eating habits. I believe this is something I need to help me get to that next stage. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will be very happy with your decision. I'm preparing to set a date for my second full Whole30. May 2013 was my first. I've done a week at a time here and there, but feel like I need to go ahead and do a full 30 as a reset. You'll have a lot more energy to share with your son! 

Yep. We're in. My husband and I will be doing Whole 30 number 3 along with you. I've been feeling sluggish and generally crappy. I have been blaming the weather (a Game of Thrones type winter here), but taking an honest look at my diet yesterday made me think that my craptastic feeling might have something to do with what I'd been eating. I have a funny relationship with food so one of my goals will be to take satisfaction from something other than baking--see friends more, get outside more, work on my house.

What are you doing to get ready for Whole 30? I think I'll plan some meals and start to reduce sugar now.

Hi! I'll be starting April 7th too and need some buddies along the way. I've been cleaning up my diet majorly (have already switched out coffee creamer for canned coconut milk for good!) over the past month and I hate to say it but wine and beer are my main vice so that will be the hardest on me especially being a young professional and having happy hours scheduled weekly. I'm about to take on some additional responsibilities outside of my full time job so I'm in major need of some extra energy and mental clarity. I know Whole30 is the solution so I'm excited but nervous about taking it on. I consider myself healthy and happy now but I too want to get to the next level, Brandi!

I'm looking at starting on the seventh too!  I just completed a W30 a few weeks ago, but fell off the wagon hard core, and am thinking the best way to get back is to do another W30.  (:

We are in the same boat.I finished a whole30 in March.Cheers to regrouping!

I am starting April 7th as well. I just had a baby 3 weeks ago and am nervous about getting enough to eat. I have two kids and am learning how quickly time goes and how little time (energy) I have to prepare lots of meals. I want to make food a healthy and fun priority in our home. My goal of this whole 30 is to gain more will power when a cupcake is staring me in the face.

Yep, starting my 2nd whole 30 today.  Just decided on Friday that I am not feeling that great and am off the wagon.  Time to take control again and do what is right and good for my body.  Best of luck to everyone! 

My first goal is to reduce the inflammation that seems to come back when I overindulge in sugar and refined grains!  Beyond that I'd like to lose some weight and just get back to feeling good.  I feel so good when I am eating clean and eating right!  I wish I could convince myself that feeling that good really is better than anything I may want to eat.  

Yay!  It's begun.  Just finished my first breakfast one W30.  Had an omelet with turkey and avocado and a side of swiss chard with ghee.  I feel full and satisfied.  I signed up for the W3 Daily newsletter last night at the last minute.  I'm sort of an in-the-box person when it comes to food.  Looks like the newsletter is going to be very helpful for me in that respect.  Ideas on what to eat and much more.  Question - how do we keep in touch with those who started on April 7?  Do we just keep posting on this thread?  Should we tag our comments April 7?  Any ideas?  I'd like to keep in touch.

Hi all!  I'm starting my first Whole 30 today.  I have been working hard on my diet and exercise for the past year, but haven't gotten the results I want to see.  I'm looking forward getting more healthy with you all!

Breakfast was eggs, sausage (cooked in coconut oil) and avocado.  I think keeping a food log and participating on this forum will help keep me accountable.  

Here's a great resource I will be using this month: 30+ Whole30 friendly Slow Cooker meals: http://www.rubiesandradishes.com/2014/01/21/30-whole-30-friendly-slow-cooker-recipes/

Question - how do we keep in touch with those who started on April 7?  Do we just keep posting on this thread?  Should we tag our comments April 7?  Any ideas?  I'd like to keep in touch.

I think we just keep posting in this thread.  (;

Also, do you have a Corgi??

Day 1 commences today! lol.The first week will be very difficult for any newbies, just from experience, because there will be plenty of mental hurdles and temptations. Even today  as I start my second Whole30/40,  I'm questioning my decision and my ability to do it again. This too shall pass. I haven't done any prep work unfortunately because I worked overnight at my job the past 2 days.Hopefully by Wednesday things will be on track.

Today is my first day of a Whole (nother) 30 - my first start March 1 of this year, and after a mini-vacation I'm back.  I wasn't too bad during vacation but did have alcohol and some other non-plan items on my little spree, but hopefully it won't difficult to get back into the routine.

I really want to focus on meal timing and not just content this time around - starting off with a good breakfast within 30ish mins of waking, which does not include a cup of coffee.  I might even get crazy and eliminate caffeine alltogether.  We'll see how that goes.

I also want to focus on daily exercise this time, although today is rainy and yucky out so not off to a great start.  I'll have to see what I can do in the house to get moving around at least.

Hope everyone has a good first week and I'm glad to be here with you all!

Archived