Starting April 7th

BrandiB1983

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all.  I started my third Whole 30 on March 24 - day 21 for me today.  This time out I am really focusing on listening to my body to learn portion control, and trying to drastically reduce my intake of nuts, nut butters and fruit (at least fruit as a replacement for sweets).

I have decided to extend to 45 days this time - that puts me on track with you folks for a "finish" day.  Hopefully it's okay with all of you if I join in here now and then?

I am experimenting more with recipes this time - trying more of the ISWF recipes, especially the sauces and dressings.  My favorite remains the chocolate chili recipe that I found through a link in the newsletters.  Sooooo good - and easy to alter as the mood (and fridge contents) strikes!

Looking forward to travelling part of this journey with you folks.

Welcome! I think I may speak for many that we don't mind the extra conversation in here.3rd Whole30? That is great! Great commitment to your health goals.

What other recipes are you trying this go around?I've heard all about the Chocolate Chilli on this forum, so I believe you when you say it's great. This is my second Whole30, so I also understand the necessity of variety. As I type I am eating Paleo Lasagna that made for the first time today.It is sooo good, and I can't wait to try it again. I feel like I have finally arrived on the cooking front..lol

It has been a good day.  All the meal prep done on weekends really makes for an easy and stress free work week.

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs and half an avocado over spinach and kale (so easy and fast becoming my favorite breakfast)

Lunch - chocolate chili and half an avocado over spinach, kale, pea shoots and tomatoes (with lemon chive dressing)

Supper - half a beef tenderloin with ISWF Mocha steak rub (staying with the chocolate theme!) carrots mushrooms and pesto

How can I not be happy and content with meals like that!

Went for a nice long walk on my lunch hour, then to yoga after work.

Day #9. I hope everyone is still going strong! There is definite a time investment with preparing meals. It takes me about 45 minutes daily to cook dinner from scratch, but I actually prefer food fresh off the stove for dinner. It almost gives me a sense of accomplishment. Tomorrow marks the 1/3 mark.

Day 26 of my "Whole 45".  Cravings seem gone - but issues with eczema have arisen off and on over the past 45 days.  Suspect I haven't gotten all the "crap" out of my system yet!

ErnestineB26 - I think we are "opposites" ;)  I do like to cook my protein "fresh" occasionally for supper, but really am happiest when I have all my veg, "sides" and enough protein prepped ahead - just so I have no "excuse" to stray from my plan!  

Kerry- sometimes I do some prep work depending on the outlook of my work schedule. However, for my lunches I typically try to have salmon and maybe veggies prepared for the most part. I will have to be more diligent in the kitchen this week since I work evenings and nights until Friday. :( I usually never prep anything for dinner which means I spend at least 30 minutes cooking every evening. I miss the days of popping chicken or some item into the microwave or oven. It's been a good experience learning how to cook though!

What made you choose 45 days?

ErnestineB46 - I decided to extend to 45 days this time because the last two times I completed the Whole 30 I didn't manage to beat those sugar cravings.  And all three times I have experienced some issues with eczema towards the end of the 30 days (although mild and short lived this time)- thinking I still have some work to do if I want to break those old habits!

Today is day 29 for me - feels good to have successfully navigated Easter without any real cravings and no slip ups.

Hi ErnestineB26 and my fellow Whole30-ers!  Hope your Whole30 is going well.  Mine is going strong.  I've been having some ups and downs with my energy levels, but overall - I'm feeling good.  Day 17 is here, and I'm thinking about turning my Whole30 into a Whole60.  I've got years of sugar addiction and other poor diet choices to heal.  

Nice! I am thinking about extending also. I'm not sure if I want to do 40, 50, or 60 days..lol.. The days have been breezing unlike my first Whole30 in February and March.

Any cool recipes or dishes you made? I've trying to be more creative with food, but having routine items is preferable also.

I'm on Day 17 also.  I'm considering going longer too.  I'm feeling better and want to give it as much time as needed to get rid of LPR symptoms if possible.  Not sure how much longer - might just keep going until I feel as good as I think I can!  So far, my sore throat has disappeared, I'm sleeping like a log and energy is level.  Wouldn't call it Tiger Blood yet, but good energy.

Good to know you all are hanging in there too!

Great to hear from you two - ErnestineB26 and tahoecorgilover.  For some reason, the mental commitment of being on a Whole30 (or 60 or whatever) has been instrumental in me sticking to clean eating.  The biggest challenge for me is having to think out my meals ahead of time!  I can't really out eat anywhere.  

I would love to hear what you've been eating, and what your go-to dishes are.  I've been eating a lot of the following:

Meatloaf & Mashed Cauliflower - http://www.eatingforidiots.com/homestyle-meatloaf/

Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Curry on top of Cauliflower Rice & Green Beans - http://www.perrysplate.com/2014/03/slow-cooker-thai-chicken-curry.html (some substitutions are made to the recipe to make it Whole30 compliant)

Stir Fried Veggies + Whatever Protein Leftovers = My favorite breakfast

Diced & Roasted Sweet Potatoes - Sweet Potatoes Cubed & baked at 375F for 45 minutes.  I use coconut oil & whatever herbs/spices strike my fancy.  

Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken - http://mypaleocrockpot.blogspot.com/2013/04/balsamic-chicken-with-spinach.html

And an avocado every day!

The slow cooker Thai Curry looks amazing. I've stuck to many of my recipes from my previous Whole30. However, I did make a Paleo Lasagna: http://www.paleonewbie.com/awesome-paleo-lasagna-recipe/. It was so delicious. Paleo Fajitas is another favorite of mines: http://www.paleoplan.com/2010/02-23/chicken-fajitas-with-guacamole/

I think I may try sweet and sour chicken and a paleo crock pot dish I found on  Nom nom Paleo website.

The slow cooker Thai Curry looks amazing. I've stuck to many of my recipes from my previous Whole30. However, I did make a Paleo Lasagna: http://www.paleonewbie.com/awesome-paleo-lasagna-recipe/. It was so delicious. Paleo Fajitas is another favorite of mines: http://www.paleoplan.com/2010/02-23/chicken-fajitas-with-guacamole/

I think I may try sweet and sour chicken and a paleo crock pot dish I found on  Nom nom Paleo website.

"Last Day" for us ladies! lol..woohoo! I'm continuing on for as long as possible. Maybe I will do 40, 50, 60 days. I really don't have a reason to stop, so I will march forward! I hope everyone else is doing well. Congrats to everyone who was able to start the challenging but rewarding journey to optimal health and wellness.

Archived