Books.

Elksts

Waiting on my copy of It starts with food, starting my first whole 30 on April 1 st. :) I've seen a lot here about staple recipes , ex: mayo. Are these in the book , are the well fed books (1 &2) highly recommended reads as well to get the most out of the month? Lastly , what is the best bit of advice you'd give a newbie starting their first whole 30 ? Thanks - Elise

I like a lot of the recipes in the Well Fed books. I got them from the library, but I thnk they'll be on my "to buy" list. If you just want recipes, like the mayo, they're on her website but the book itself is a good read. I've also been able to tweak a lot of my pre-Whole30 recipes with just a few changes to be compliant.

My best advice is to read EVERY label, even ones where you think you know the ingredients. We literally can't find tuna at our grocery without soy..who knew?! Also, don't fool yourself about what you can handle. I thought "I can make cookies for work without eating any", total fail. They were relatively healthy but still had sugar in them. And they were cookies ;)

I'll be restarting for a full Whole30 after an upcoming vacation, but the lessons learned so far have been amazing. Enjoy the journey.

Thanks! I found a few recipes through here , would be nice to have them all in one place or book . I have been weaning myself off the off plan foods for a few weeks, greek yogurt, almond milk and artificial sweetener are what's left and I AM ready! I think..... Lol

Congratulations! I would look at some blogs first before I purchased the books. I have Well Fed 1 & 2 but I only like 1/2 the recipes. Check out The Clothes Make The Girl (Well Fed author) and Nom Nom Paleo (Food For Humans Author). There are also some great ideas in the back of It Starts With Food book.

I like a lot of the recipes in the Well Fed books. I got them from the library, but I thnk they'll be on my "to buy" list. If you just want recipes, like the mayo, they're on her website but the book itself is a good read. I've also been able to tweak a lot of my pre-Whole30 recipes with just a few changes to be compliant.

My best advice is to read EVERY label, even ones where you think you know the ingredients. We literally can't find tuna at our grocery without soy..who knew?! Also, don't fool yourself about what you can handle. I thought "I can make cookies for work without eating any", total fail. They were relatively healthy but still had sugar in them. And they were cookies ;)

I'll be restarting for a full Whole30 after an upcoming vacation, but the lessons learned so far have been amazing. Enjoy the journey.

The Kirkland brand tuna at Costco is soy free. It's the only brand we buy. I'm not fond of tuna (too much as a kid), so I don't eat much of it, but my kids like it.

Archived