Pepperoni

avasmommy

I'm getting ready to start my first ever Whole30 and I'm researching foods like crazy.  I cannot seem to find a compliant pepperoni - even Applegate Farms adds dextrose.

Anyone know of any brands that are compliant?

Thanks!

It's tricky to find Whole30 compliant deli meat, especially things like pepperoni and salami.  You may want to make friends with your local butcher or farmer and see if you can get compliant meat from them.

Applegate Farms Roast Beef gets mentioned here a lot as a compliant deli meat. As always, check your local labels as manufacturers can change/alter ingredients.

I encourage you to use the Whole30 experience to branch out to the countless other protein options available.

It's tricky to find Whole30 compliant deli meat, especially things like pepperoni and salami.  You may want to make friends with your local butcher or farmer and see if you can get compliant meat from them.

Applegate Farms Roast Beef gets mentioned here a lot as a compliant deli meat. As always, check your local labels as manufacturers can change/alter ingredients.

I encourage you to use the Whole30 experience to branch out to the countless other protein options available.

Thanks, Chris - I don't eat much pepperoni myself, but I have a 6 year old daughter who loves it. I know of the two of us, this transition is going to be hardest on her and I wanted to ease her into it a bit more slowly. 

Luckily, I live smack in between a cattle ranch and a pig farmer, so I have lots of resources for beef and pork.

avasmommy - you may find that you don't need to be as strict with the guidelines for your little one to see major progress for her.  The Applegate pepperoni may be a fine choice for her.

Thanks, Robin!  We were eyeballing the Applegate one in Safeway last night but I didn't get it.  I'll go back and grab a pack for her to put in her egg scrambles.

Archived