Tuna

Is I tok to have things if they say that they have been processed in the same facility as soy and wheat? I bought tuna that I thought was compliment, but when I got home I realized it said that on the can.

If it's processed in the same facility, you're fine unless you have a huge issue with soy or wheat.  They put that on the can for folks with severe reactions to those ingredients, from a cross-contamination perspective.

As long as neither of those items are in the ingredients list, you're fine, Whole30-wise.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

We just discovered a can in our pantry that lists tuna, chicken broth and salt in the ingredients.  Underneath that it says "contains soy".  So we are assuming there is soy in the chicken broth (for some reason those ingredients didn't have to be disclosed...?).  I'd think that if there were soy in the "natural flavor" they would have to disclose that.

Unfortunately, lots of canned tuna contains soy and chicken broth to bulk it up and add flavor. The only place I have been able to find canned tuna that just lists "tuna, salt, water" on the ingredients list is Trader Joe's - and I'm sure Whole Foods do it too. 

Archived