NO SMOOTHIES!! AAAAHHRRR!!

HalesBS

Hi there, I am recently new to Paleo and haven't lost any weight so I thought I would try the W30 - I start on Friday!!

I have always been a smoothie or juice person for breakfast and have just seen that this is a 'NO' for the W30.  I am stuck already so need to have a quick think by Friday. Am I right that it is no bacon or deli meats too??

Good luck to everyone just starting!! Hales xx :D

• Moderators

Bacon is always a poor choice because it is light on protein while being high in a relatively low quality fat. It is very difficult to find bacon that does not include sugar, so most people give up on bacon during a Whole30, but if you find some, we encourage you to treat it like a garnish and not serious food. Deli meats are also difficult to find without off-plan ingredients. But here is some good news. If you have come to the Whole30 for results, our approach that excludes smoothies, juices, most bacon and deli meat actually works. And you can eat lots of things for breakfast. In fact, anything you might eat for supper or lunch is good for breakfast too. While I personally eat eggs and sauerkraut for breakfast most mornings, I sometimes have roast beef and spinach, scallops and zucchini noodles, etc. The basic idea is to eat a palm-size portion of protein, a good portion of healthy fat, and a lot of veggies. 

Archived