Whole30 = WholeLiving

zlefty

As of today, I have officially completed my first Whole30 ever! As with most people, I wasn't sure what to expect going into this experience. But I have been blown away by the results. Here's my story.

I have always been an active person, playing sports and running for most of my adult life. Yet, I also had (past tense) a huge sweet tooth and grain brain. About a year and a half ago, I stumbled across the book, Wheat Belly. It really spoke to me, so I decided to give up wheat. That was quite a challenge since my favorite food was pizza. Over time, the removal of wheat from my diet became second nature. My initial results (which were great) started to fade, and I was left wondering why?

A couple months ago, I came across another book, It Starts With Food. It didn't take me long to realize what I was doing wrong. In the absence of wheat, I had slowly (but surely!) substituted sugar for wheat in my diet. This led to a gradual weight gain that most people couldn't notice given my 6'4" height, but I surely could. After deciding to try the Whole30, I stepped on the scale and was shocked to see 223 pounds. This was the heaviest I had ever weighed in my life!

The great news is that as I type this today, I am now at 207 (down 16 pounds) and, more importantly, I feel in control of my diet. I am energzied and optimistic about moving forward, and I plan on keeping the Whole30 as the foundation of my diet. So even though it took me a long time to figure this out, I am happy that I am on the right track to living a WholeLife! 

Congratulations on completing the whole30 days! And losing 16 pounds. And being in control of your eating.

All three things I can hope for. 

So glad you and others have stayed the course for us other newbies to follow!

Archived