Sweet Potaotes? Can they cause Gas??

Hi-  just wondering here if anyone has ever had a problem with 'excessive' sweet potatoes causing gas??  I'm guesiing that's what it is and I guess it doesn't matter as this was a unique situation...but this past weekend we were away from home and the chef at a conference we went to really tried his best to help us... but we had roasted sweet potatoes and steamed vegetables for every lunch and dinner for 3 days... by afternoon of the 2nd day (2-3 meals) I was experiencing terrible gas.... I'm wondering if the sweet potatoes...or maybe it was broccoli as that seemed to be with each mixture of veggies he gave us might have caused the problem?  I'm thinking it doesn't mean I should avoid them entirely but perhaps with them being with every meal it caused a problem...  just wanting other opinions here on whether I might be right in my thoughts or is that totally not possible?

Sweet potatoes don't bother me - last week I think I had sweet potato at every meal 2 and 3 all week long. But broccoli will definately give me gas - I try to never eat it more than a couple of times a week.

Archived