Do I need to vary meat throughout the day?

blindsmoke

Hi Everyone!

I'm on day two of my whole 30, and I'm wondering if my "strategy" is okay. Not necessarily Whole 30 compliant, because I know it is, but more "am I getting enough nutrients?" 

Every night, I make a lb of meat and I eat it the next day (plus eggs in the morning). This works well for me, because it's easy to eat at work, and I can just add some "steam in a bag" veggies. However, other than the eggs, I don't vary the meat for that day at all. The first day it was a lb of Murray's chicken breast (that's non-gmo, veggie fed, certified humane) and then today it's a lb of Whiteoaks' pastures grassfed beef (pretty much all the same good stuff as before). It is MUCH easier for me to prep my food this way, but I'm wondering if it's not good for my body to get so much of my protein from only one source per day?

Thanks!

It doesn't really matter. Yes, you should vary your protein sources, but there isn't a hard and fast timeline. If you want to vary every meal, or every day, or every week...things will be okay. None is more ideal than the other.

Whatever works for you!

Archived