Lesser of two evils..

Due to circumstances totally beyond my control my carefully planned lunch has been shot all to hell.   So, I'm thinking ahead to my lunch option. Protein is no problem, I can get a bunless burger or sauceless BBQ chicken.  Sides will be the difficulty.  It will boil down to sweet potato fries which I am sure will be cooked in non-compliant oil or salad dressing that I am certain will have sugar at the very least.    I'm leaning towards the sweet potato fries since ISWF gives a little bit of wiggle room on oils when dining out.  Also, I've into my third week of battling my sugar dragon and I haven't fallen off the wagon yet.  I darn sure don't want salad dressing to be the hill I die on, so to speak.

What say you experts?   And, no, I have zero options for selecting another place to eat or go to the store, etc.   It's a work thing that popped up and I am at the mercy of location and bosses.

Thanks!  

Is there any other option to the salad dressing - like guacamole or salsa? 

I like to put a bunch of juicy tomato on my salad and use the juice from them as dressing - but I am a little weird!

Fried foods is a food that you should probably stay away from. 

Y'all are right, there is a way to make the salad work with lemons.  Just... ugh.  I've sailed through so easily so far and the thought of salad with lemon juice (as opposed to my lovely vinegars) is just yuck.  But, it's just one meal and I don't need to start the habit of rationalizing the fries.   Thanks for the advice.

It looks like you made a good choice. For the record: sweet potato fries at a resturant really don't work on a whole30. The frozen ones most resturants used have a wheat flour coating, often sugar as well, and will be cooked in non-compliant oil, most likely. Occasionally I run across legit roasted sweet potato cubes or slices at a resturant, but these are few and far between.

sorry!

Archived