Reintro Necessary?

Khhdesign

If there are things that I don't plan to add back into my diet on a regular basis, is it necessary to do a reintroduction for them? For example, if I don't plan to make or have beans at home, and wouldn't choose to order them at a restaurant, do I need to test them? There is an off-chance I would be stuck with no choices except beans one day (yikes ;) But I'm thinking I would just take my chances in that situation, right? Do I really need to test everything?

Also, are all items in a category equal? Again, with legumes...if I want to have fresh peas in the spring, should I just test those and not worry about chickpeas, peanuts, or other legumes I don't plan to eat regularly?

• Moderators

I've never done a reintroduction. I eat off plan things occasionally and know that dairy makes me congested and wheat sometimes gives me a stomach ache, but I have learned this over a multi-year period and not during a formal test. 

I am doing a structured reintro after my second Whole30 but only of the things I plan on eating in the future. No point me trying a reintro on soya as I gave up all things soy related several years ago and don't miss any of them. 

I have a similar question so I thought I'd just jump on this thread- I hope that's okay! I'm at the beginning of my 2nd Whole30 right now; I completed my first in September of last year & was very thorough about reintroductions. I discovered that I don't have a major reaction to any of the problem foods, but I definitely feel better the closer I stick to Whole30-style eating. My question is: since this is my 2nd Whole30, do I need to do reintroductions at all? Thank you! 😊

I was just wondering about this myself.  I really just want to go back to eating cleanly and not bothering with more intros.  But I will do potatoes, since I want to see if the Perfect Health approach might be acceptable for me.  dunno.

Thanks for this topic!

Archived