day 25 and feeling down

After reading some of the post I have now figured out that having the super energy is not really an expectation.  What a disappointment! :(  So far the only thing that I have seen an improvement in is the way my jeans fit.  This is fantastic esp since they were feeling a bit snug when I started.  

I was really hoping my mood would improve and I wouldn't want to feel as if I wanted to smack my kids around. (don't worry I don't but they are both in timeout right now) 

I kind of want to cry just because I don't feel like any of the claims have been met in my body. (and the self inflicted pain has been kind of treacherous)   I still feel dumpy, can't sleep, I don't want to get out of bed, I'm emotional and I still have tendinitis. ALL the reasons why I even started this thing!

Maybe I am eating too much fruit but if I don't eat enough fruit I seriously feel like I will pass out due to low blood sugar and that wouldn't be cool.  Then I wonder if I'm not eating enough protein but when I consult the charts and find I'm getting plenty! Maybe I didn't check a label on something but I'm trying not to use anything from a can unless it is tomatoes or the like bc I have notice that there are so many additives even in organic stuff, esp sugar (super frustrating).  I will continue on for the last 5 days of this thing bc I won't give up but I doubt  that I will do another whole 30.  I mean I still want to dive into a cupcake or some cookie dough big time!  But I do know now that I can deal with temptations all over the place but then again I was able to do that before :)

Sorry to be a debbie-downer.  maybe I'm just moody. 

After reading some of the post I have now figured out that having the super energy is not really an expectation.  What a disappointment! :(  So far the only thing that I have seen an improvement in is the way my jeans fit.  This is fantastic esp since they were feeling a bit snug when I started.  

I was really hoping my mood would improve and I wouldn't want to feel as if I wanted to smack my kids around. (don't worry I don't but they are both in timeout right now) 

I kind of want to cry just because I don't feel like any of the claims have been met in my body. (and the self inflicted pain has been kind of treacherous)   I still feel dumpy, can't sleep, I don't want to get out of bed, I'm emotional and I still have tendinitis. ALL the reasons why I even started this thing!

Maybe I am eating too much fruit but if I don't eat enough fruit I seriously feel like I will pass out due to low blood sugar and that wouldn't be cool.  Then I wonder if I'm not eating enough protein but when I consult the charts and find I'm getting plenty! Maybe I didn't check a label on something but I'm trying not to use anything from a can unless it is tomatoes or the like bc I have notice that there are so many additives even in organic stuff, esp sugar (super frustrating).  I will continue on for the last 5 days of this thing bc I won't give up but I doubt  that I will do another whole 30.  I mean I still want to dive into a cupcake or some cookie dough big time!  But I do know now that I can deal with temptations all over the place but then again I was able to do that before :)

Sorry to be a debbie-downer.  maybe I'm just moody. 

We don't all have amazing results. Some of us need longer to heal. I am on my third whole30 and am hoping that I lose some weight. My first one I was in the kill all stage until day 26 when I just couldn't take it any more and quit. My second one the only improvement was my acid reflux. Other than that I looked and felt exactly the same as when I started. I am trying to limit my fruit and nuts (not an easy thing to do) and I am trying to exercise more. I am also thinking about doing the AIP because maybe one of these complaint foods is not working for me. Who knows. Hopefully you can keep going and get some good results. Some people don't see changes until day 28. Good Luck!

jlove - I'm glad you expressed yourself!   Jeans fitting better is no small achievement.  It sounds like one possibility is that there's more sugar than you think sneaking in with the packaged goods like canned tomatoes and broth.  I could not BELIEVE there was sugar in my fancy-pants organic chicken broth!  And who knew bacon was cured with sugar?  And. . . as you already figured out, fruit has a lot of sugar, and not necessarily the best kind of sugar.  If you are eating it to control sugar crashes, then something isn't working, and it may be too much sugar. You may do better with replacing the fruit with some slower-acting carbs like sweet potatoes - and never eating carbs alone, but always with fat and/or protein.   I hope one of the moderators will appear and help.  

It also sounds like you may be dealing with some hormonal challenges.  Small kids, crying, temper - sounds so familiar, from when I had small kids! - you might take a look at The Hormone Cure by Sara Gottfried - lots of helpful info on her website http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/ .  

DON'T GIVE UP, girl!  You have made huge steps and it may just take some tweaks to get things cooking.  

I'm sorry you're feeling blue: when you reference you were hoping your mood would improve, do you mean you've had a history of depression? 

If you're not having at least one carb dense vegetable daily, I would recommend that, to help with your energy.

Further, if you post 2-3 days worth of your food log, folks here can give you feedback on possible additional tweaks.

Archived