New to Whole 30 - Just received book

tahoecorgilover

Hello!  I'm a newbie.  Picked up It Starts with Food yesterday and have read quite a bit of it already. I found the book on Amazon.  I was so impressed with all of the comments on Amazon that I decided to order it.  I can't wait to start.  Maybe Monday, April 7.  Looks like I'll have company on that day!  

I have GERD and LPR (acid reflux).  I've been on several diets over the past few years.  Jaime Koufman's Dropping Acid, Norm Robilliard's Fast Tract - Heartburn, the Body Ecology diet, an elimination diet...you get the point...lots of diets.  They have helped but I still have symptoms.  My most recent diet is Fast Tract diet.  I'm already off of dairy, bread, most sugar, legumes, alcohol.  So what I'm eating now isn't very far from Whole 30.  I need to clean my diet up, get rid of a few things, add a few things.  My goal is not weight loss.  I have lost so much weight in the last few years (55 pounds).  I wouldn't mind picking up a few pounds.  My goal is to improve my digestion and feel good again.   

I'm looking forward to being part of this group and to receiving and giving encouragement along the way. 

You've probably read everything there ever was to read about acid reflux, but Practical Paleo has a section on acid reflux that you might find helpful? I've never had acid reflux so I don't know if the facts would be helpful, but I found that the book laid out good information about the source and the solution, so that also might be a help to you? Good luck on your Whole30. I'm on Day 6 and so far so good!

Archived