Tahoecorgilover's W30 log - beginning April 7, 2014

tahoecorgilover

April 7 continued...

M2 - Salad (romaine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, one avocado, beets, turkey (2 slices), cashews, oil and lemon for dressing). 1 enzyme

M3 - Two turkey franks, swiss chard, asparagus, carrots, 10-15 almonds.  Ghee on chard, asparagus and carrots.  1 enzyme

Felt OK today.  Wasn't hungry in between meals.  Think I'm getting that dialed in.  Headache and some nausea.  Low energy.  Sounds like that is par for the course.  This is my first official day on W30 but I've been eating this way since last Friday so it's my fourth day on the plan.  I'll try to drink more water tomorrow.  Probably had about 4 glasses of water and 2 cups of tea.  I'm small.  5'3" and 107 pounds.  Not looking to lose any weight.

Day 2 - April 8

Felt OK.  Not great.  Still slightly nauseated.  And still bloated.

M1 - 2 egg omelet (I measured by holding 2 eggs in my hand)

avocado (1 small)

turkey (1 slice)

sweet potato (1 slice diced into omelet)

large side dish of swiss chard (2 cups)

ghee with swiss chard

2 strawberries

M2 - salad with lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, beets, hard-boiled egg (1), turkey slice (1), avocado (1 small), cashews, oil and lemon dressing.

2 strawberries

M3 - baked chicken and almonds

cauliflower, carrot, asparagus and swiss chard soup

Wasn't hungry in between meals.  About 4 hours between meals.  Drank more water today.  No headache.

Day 3 - April 9

M1 - hamburger patty

2 eggs over easy

3 slices of sweet potato

2 cups of swiss chard

10 almonds

ghee

M2 - romaine lettuce/cabbage

carrots, celery, beet (1 small), egg (1 hardboiled), avocado (1 small), baked chicken (palm of hand)

sesame seeds and some cashews

olive oil and lemon dressing

3 strawberries

M3 - chicken thigh (baked)

swiss chard (1 cup)

asparagus

3 slices of sweet potato

ghee

4 strawberries

Felt pretty good today.  No nausea and no headache.  Still some digestive issues.  Pretty good energy.  Wasn't hungry between meals.

Day 4 - April 10

M1 

Hamburger patty

2 eggs

3 slices sweet potato

swiss chard (2 cups)

ghee

M2

salad with lettuce, cabbage, carrots, cashews, beets, avocado (1), olive oil and lemon dressing

chicken, 1 hard boiled egg

M3

turkey franks (2)

sweet potato (5 slices)

asparagus

almonds (15)

ghee

Started out feeling good but faded in the afternoon.  Wasn't hungry, just tired.  Took a quick nap.  Otherwise, best day so far.  No headache or nausea and digestive system better today.  

Day 5 - April 11

M1

hamburger scramble with 2 eggs, hamburger, 1 cup sweet potato

1 cup swiss chard

ghee and coconut oil

M2

Salad with romaine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, one beet, one avocado, one  hardboiled egg, cashews, chicken and olive oil and lemon dressing

M3

chicken

asparagus

sweet potato

swiss chard

olive

ghee

Felt good today.  No real issues.  Took the dogs for a walk, ran all my errands, cooked and cleaned.  Good energy most of the day.

Day 6 - April 12

M1 

Hamburger scramble with 2 eggs, hamburger and sweet potato (3 slices)

Swiss chard (1-1/2 cups)

2 olives

ghee

2 enzymes (upped from one to 2 a few days ago/I've been taking them every day)

M2

Salad with 1 hardboiled egg, 2 slices of turkey, romaine lettuce and cabbage, carrots, celery, beets, avocado (1 small), cashews to top and olive oil and lemon for dressing.

2 enzymes

M3

chicken thigh (1)

sweet potato (5 slices)

asparagus (about 6 stalks)

swiss chard - 1-1/2 cup

olives (4)

ghee

2 enzymes

Energy level good today.  Slept OK, woke up once at about 2:00 a.m. for bathroom.  Trouble going back to sleep.  

Day 7 - April 13

M1

hamburger, sweet potato (4 slices) and 2 eggs

swiss chard (1.5 cups)

4 olives

ghee

2 enzymes

M2

salad with romaine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, beets, 1 egg, 2 turkey slices, 1 avocado, cashews, olive oil and lemon dressing.  4 strawberries.

M3

chicken thigh

vegie mix (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) (1 cup)

sweet potato (4 slices)

swiss chard (1 cup)

almonds (handful)

ghee on vegies

Had some acid reflux related issues today in the afternoon.  Came on rather suddenly.  Drank about 3-4 glasses of water (2 of them had some lemon in them) and it seems to have resolved it.  I have to remember to drink water!  Felt very good this morning.  Feel OK now.

Day 8 - April 14

M1

2 eggs, hamburger, sweet potato and green bean scramble

swiss chard

ghee and coconut oil

M2

salad with romaine lettuce, cabbage, celery, carrots, avocado, beet, egg (1) and chicken breast, sunflower seeds on top and olive oil and lemon dressing.

strawberries

M3

turkey franks (2)

swiss chard and beet leaves

sweet potato

asparagus

almonds

ghee

Went shopping and stocked the kitchen for second week.  Feeling pretty good!

Day 9 - April 15

M1

2 eggs, sweet potato (4 slices), hamburger, string beans and 2 olives (scramble)

swiss chard

ghee

coconut oil

M2

salad with romaine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, avocado (1 small), beet (1/2), 1 egg, chicken breast, cashews

olive oil and lemon dressing

5 strawberries

M3

chicken thigh (baked)

swiss chard

sweet potato (4 slices)

asparagus

almonds

ghee

Quiet day.  Worked in the garden and did housework.  A little tired this afternoon.  Otherwise, felt OK.

Day 10 - April 16

We really had a setback today.  My oldest dog Annie was vomiting (some blood in it).  So we spent the morning at the vet's visiting with Doc Laura.  Annie is much better today (April 17).  Thank goodness.  She's on antibiotics and antinausea medication and her little brother Charlie doesn't understand why she doesn't want to play with him.  Probably goes without saying that we were all off of our feed yesterday.  I missed breakfast completely.  Started my eating day with M2 at 11:30 or 12:00.  So only two meals yesterday and I really felt it.  Was spacey in the morning and had difficulty making decisions.  When they told me Annie's weight, I thought it was all wrong because I was thinking about Toby (who passed away 3 years ago at the age of 13).  I'll make it a point to get back on track today.  But here's what I did yesterday.

M2 (no M1)

2 egg scramble with 3 olives, hamburger, green beans and sweet potato

bowl of swiss chard

ghee and coconut oil

M3

chicken thigh

mixed vegies (1 cup)

asparagus (1 cup)

sweet potato (4 slices)

Day 11 - April 17

Slept really good last night.  Had food dreams!  Can't remember what now but I remembered this morning.

M1

2 eggs scramble with hamburger, green beans, sweet potato and olives (with some of the juice).  You can probably tell this is my favorite breakfast.

swiss chard

ghee and coconut oil

M2

My usual salad which I love!

romaine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, beet, 1 egg, chicken breast, cashews, avocado and olive oil and lemon dressing.

5 really sweet strawberries

M3

chicken thigh

brussel sprouts (just a few)

vegie mix (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower)

sweet potatoes

cashews 

ghee

Felt good today.  Good energy, felt happy.  My dog Annie is much better so that made my day.  She's on a restricted diet of jasmine rice and chicken breast for a few more days.  I felt guilty eating in front of her.  

Day 12 - April 18

Didn't sleep well last night.  Tossed and turned and couldn't turn my mind off.  So the Whole30 Daily was good for me today - all about meditation and stress relief.

M1

2 egg scramble with hamburger, sweet potato, green beans and 4 olives (with olive juice) cooked in coconut oil.

spinach with ghee

M2

Salad (the usual) with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, chicken breast, 1 egg, beet, avocado, and cashews on top.  Dressing was olive oil and lemon.

5 strawberries

M3

2 turkey franks

cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts and sweet potato

almonds

ghee on vegies

Took a nap in the afternoon today.  Not as much energy today.  Seems to come and go.  But all-in-all, felt good.

Day 13 - April 19

M1

My usual breakfast scramble (2 eggs, hamburger, green beans, sweet potato and olives (4) and some olive juice)

1 cup of spinach with ghee

coconut oil for scramble

2 enzymes

M2

Salad with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, beet, 1 egg, 1 avocado, cashews and some sunflower seeds with olive oil and lemon dressing.

1 chicken thigh

5 strawberries

2 enzymes

M3

1 chicken thigh

about 1 cup of mixed vegies - cauliflower, broccoli and carrots with almonds and ghee

sweet potato (5 slices)

1 cup of swiss chard with ghee

2 enzymes

I have GERD and LPR.  One of the things I've noticed is that my usual sore throat has gone away.  It was gradual.  It went away after about a week or so on the diet.  That's a very good thing and I'm hoping it is because of the diet change.  I'm drinking more water too.  About 6 glasses a day (5'3" and 107 pounds or so).  I'm going to start cutting off the water around 6:00 p.m. so I can sleep through the night without potty breaks.  My hands are usually dry and cracked and they look and feel better too.  All that good fat I'm thinking.  I'm not hungry in between meals but I don't feel stuffed after eating either so think I'm getting the amount of food dialed in.  I really like eating this way.  It's nice to eat a meal and I don't think about it again until it's time to eat - usually about 4 hours later.  Breakfast is my favorite meal.  I know it's boring to have the same thing every day but I really enjoy it.  I guess I'll branch out and try something new when I get tired of it, but so far, I'm liking it.  I love my salad at lunch too.  My lightest meal is probably dinner but that's good because with GERD you don't want a big meal in the evening.  So things are going well.  I don't always note it, but I always have 2 enzymes with every meal.  I started with 1 enzyme per meal but upped it to 2 after the first few days.  I think it's made a difference - in a good way.  Enzymes are the only thing I'm taking now.

Day 14 - April 20

M1

2 egg scramble with hamburger, green beans, sweet potato, spinach, olives and olive juice

swiss chard - 1 cup

ghee and coconut oil

2 enzymes

snack - sunflower seeds (got the munchies while making my salad)

M2

salad with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, beet, avocado, 1 egg, 1 chicken thigh, cashews, olive oil and lemon dressing

2 enzymes

M3

chicken thigh - 1

asparagus

mixed vegies (cauliflower, carrots, broccoli)

sweet potato

almonds

ghee

2 enzymes

Been tracking my water.  I have a hard time remembering to drink water throughout the day.  Keeping track works for me.  So far, I've had 7 glasses of water and 1 cup of herb tea.  Trying not to have any water after 6:00 p.m.

Felt good today.  Didn't need a nap.  Good energy.  A nice Easter Sunday.

Day 15 - April 21

M1

2 egg and hamburger scramble with green beans and sweet potato

green beans and sweet potato

swiss chard

olives and juice

ghee and coconut oil

2 enzymes and evening primrose oil

M2

Salad with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, beet, 1 egg, 1 avocado, cashews and some sunflower seeds with olive oil and lemon dressing.

1 chicken thigh

5 strawberries

2 enzymes

M3

chicken thigh

mixed vegies

asparagus

sweet potato

ghee

2 enzymes

Day 16 - April 22

M1

egg scramble with hamburger, green beans, sweet potatoes and olives

spinach

ghee and coconut oil

2 enzymes and evening primrose oil

M2

Salad with cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, 1/2 beet, avocado, 1 egg, 1 cup chicken breast, cashews, olive oil and lemon dressing

2 enzymes

M3

chicken thigh

sweet potato (4 slices)

spinach and mixed vegies

almonds

ghee on vegies

2 enzymes

Felt good today.  Took a 15 minute nap this afternoon.  Read some of It Starts with Food again.  Can't say I have Tiger Blood yet, but good energy.  Throat still feels good.

Day 17 - April 23

M1

My usual egg scramble (I really need to get out of the box).  2 eggs, hamburger, green beans, sweet potato with green olives and olive juice.  

Ghee and coconut oil

Oh, and spinach!

2 enzymes and 1 evening primrose oil

I so love it!

M2

I love my salad too.

Carrots, celery, romaine lettuce, cabbage, 1 egg, chicken breast (about a cup), 1/2 beet, 1 avocado, cashews on top and olive oil and lemon dressing.

M3

1 chicken thigh

spinach

sweet potato

brussel sprouts

ghee

Drank lots of water and had a cup of tea.

Day 18 - April 24

M1

2 egg scramble with hamburger, spinach, sweet potato, green beans, olives, ghee and coconut oil.

2 enzymes and 1 evening primrose oil

M2

Salad with cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, celery, chicken breast, 1 hardboiled egg, avocado, beet, cashews, oil and lemon dressing

M3

chicken thigh

asparagus

sweet potato

swiss chard with beet tops

ghee

Archived