Tahoecorgilover's W30 log - beginning April 7, 2014

tahoecorgilover

Day 19 - April 25

M1

2 egg scramble with hamburger, green beans, sweet potato, olives and olive juice cooked in coconut oil, side of swiss chard with ghee

2 enzymes and 1 evening primrose oil

M2

salad with snap peas, carrots, celery, cabbage, romaine, chicken breast, 1 egg, 1/2 beet, avocado, cashews on top and olive oil and lemon dressing

M3

1 chicken thigh, asparagus, mixed vegies (cauliflower, brocolli and carrots) and 4 slices of sweet potato with ghee on top.

I probably should mention that I haven't experimented much with too many seasonings because of the acid reflux/LPR battle.  I keep my foods simple for that reason.  No hot foods, stayed away from nightshades, onions, garlic, hot spices.  Probably seems boring to some, but it works for me.

I am feeling much better in so many aspects of my life on this diet.  But I'm the happiest about my throat.  It's no longer sore.  That is such a big thing as I have had problems with my throat for 3 years now.  That in itself is worth staying on this eating plan!

Day 20 - April 26

M1

2 egg scramble with hamburger, green beans,sweet potato, spinach, olives, coconut and ghee

M2

Salad with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, 1/2 beet, avocado, 1 egg, chicken breast cubed (about 1 cup), cashews, olive oil and lemon dressing

2 enzymes

M3

1 chicken thigh

mixed vegies

sweet potato

asparagus

almonds

ghee

Day 21, April 27

M1

2 egg scramble, hamburger, green beans, spinach, sweet potato, olives and olive juice, ghee

cooked in coconut oil

M2

salad with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, 1 egg, chicken breast cubed, avocado (1), 1/2 beet, cashews, olive oil and lemon dressing

strawberries

2 enzymes

M3

1 chicken thigh

mixed vegies

brussel sprouts

sweet potato (5 slices)

almonds

2 enzymes

Day 22 - April 28

M1

2 egg scramble with hamburger, spinach, green beans, sweet potato (5 slices), olives and olive juice.  Cooked in coconut oil with ghee on top.

M2

Salad with carrots, celery, cabbage, romaine, 1 egg, 1 avocado, 1/2 beet, about 1 cup of chicken breast - cubed, cashews on top and olive oil and lemon dressing

2 enzymes

M3

1 chicken thigh

asparagus

mixed vegies

sweet potato

almonds

ghee

2 enzymes

Day 23 - April 29

M1

egg scramble with hamburger, asparagus, spinach, olives, cooked in coconut oil with ghee added

M2

My usual big salad

2 enzymes

M3

turkey franks (2)

asparagus

mixed vegies

sweet potato

almonds

2 enzymes

On the home stretch now!  One more week to go.  I'm going to extend another 30 days.  Decided today.  Some more symptoms I would like to go away and this eating plan is definitely helping me so too soon to give up.

Day 25 - May 1

M1

egg scramble, hamburger, spinach, green beans, olives, coconut oil and ghee

M2

salad with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, 1 hardboiled eg, 1 avocado, 1/2 beet, cubed chicken breast, cashews and sunflower seeds, olive oil and lemon dressing

M3

chicken thigh

swiss chard

mixed vegies

brussel sprouts

sweet potato

ghee

Day 26 - May 2

M1

egg scramble with hamburger, spinach, green beans, olives, coconut oil and ghee

M2

salad with cabbage, romaine, carrots, celery, 1 egg, 1 avocado, chicken breast, 1/2 beet, sunflower seeds, olive oil and lemon dressing

2 enzymes

M3

grilled salmon

sweet potato

mixed vegies

brussel sprouts

ghee

Yes!  I'm not in any hurry to go back to how I was eating before.  I'm feeling good on this eating plan and will likely stay on it for some time.  It has helped my throat, my sleep, my energy level is very good and I feel quite relaxed.  I like eating 3 times a day and not snacking.  Once I finish a meal, I'm done for 4-5 hours.  I would highly recommend the Whole 30.

Actually want to thank you because something you wrote in another thread describing your Laryngopharyngeal reflux made me realize this is something I've had all along. While Whole30 hasn't helped mine the way it has yours, it gave me a lead on what to research on and will hopefully help me figure out treatment. So, thanks!

Day 28 - May 4

M1

egg scramble with hamburger, green beans, spinach, olives, coconut oil and ghee

M2

salad with beets, avocado, snap peas, 1 egg, chicken breast, cashews, carrots, celery, romaine, cabbage, oil and lemon dressing

2 enzymes

M3

chicken thigh

asparagus

mixed vegies

sweet potato

ghee

2 enzymes

If anyone is interested, I use Acid-Ease enzymes.  Very easy on the digestive system.

Day 29 - May 5

M1

turkey scramble with eggs, swiss chard, beet tops, sweet potato, green beans with ghee

M2

salad with romaine, cabbage, carrots, 1 egg, chicken breast, snow peas, 1 avocado, cashews and olive oil and lemon dressing

2 enzymes

M3

chicken thigh

asparagus

mixed vegies

sweet potato

ghee

2 enzymes

My 30 days is almost over.  I'm feeling pretty darned good!

Day 30 - May 6 (Last day!)

M1

turkey scramble with 2 eggs, asparagus, spinach, sweet potato, cooked in coconut oil and with ghee

M2

my usual salad

strawberries

M3

chicken thigh, mixed vegies, sweet potato and ghee

Although this is my last day of my first Whole30, I plan to stick with it for another 60 days.  I'll keep a log not sure if  it will be here or not.  Still have some LPR/GERD symptoms I would like to see go away.  Might not be possible, but I think it's worth a try.  I've made progress eating on this plan and think it might just take more time for the digestive issues to resolve.  My candida is much improved.  I would expect that on this diet.  And my chronic sore throat is all but gone.  Unfortunately the ever present phlegm is still present.  That's what I would like to see some more progress on, but that's what I think will take the most time as it is the body's way of protecting the mouth and throat from acid/pepsin.  But progress is progress and I am very happy with the results of my first Whole 30!  

You did it! Congratulations. I'm glad you are seeing results. If you were going to re introduce what would you want back?

I'm back from NYC and on day 2 again. It was hard to travel. All sorts of suspect foods. I'm fine starting over. This is a journey not a sprint. LOL.

We met a sweet corgi girl in Central Park. Her name was Mia. Sweet huh?

Peg541,  Hi Peg.  Yes, did it!  I'm staying on for a bit though.  Another 30 days anyway.  What would I reintroduce first?  That which I should NEVER have again of course - my coveted peanut butter.  But alas, I fear I'll never taste peanut butter again.  It just doesn't agree with me or my digestive system and it is quite bad for me.  Maybe almond butter...

I took Charlie (9 months old) to training class last night.  He did very well.  All of my other dogs have gone to puppy class at 4 months old.  I didn't take Charlie and was a bit concerned that he would be way behind the others in the class (they had all been to puppy class).  He did just fine.  He was a little bit confused at times but he eventually caught on.  Two of the other dogs barked the entire hour.  Charlie was quiet and seemed to be taking it all in.  He's such a sweet boy.  My cuddle bug.  So we have things to work on today.  Something to think about other than food!

I met a corgi up here named Molly.  She was adorable.  Don't see many corgis in Tahoe for some reason.  It's a big dog town.

Keep in touch if you think about it and let me know how you are doing OK?

Laurie

Archived