Started on March 31st

dcducks1

Hi, My name is Dave and I started the Whole 30 on March 31st. Its been just over a week and I feel pretty good and have plenty of energy. Its driving me crazy to not weigh myself but then again, weighing myself wasn't really helping my motivation. I have had some pretty good cravings and temptations but have handled them all very well and have not cheated. I am sleeping well and am hoping for a solid difference by the end of the month. My goal is to lose a total of 50 pounds (not during this 30 day period). I was exercising pretty religiously but have lost my desire lately (not sure if its because of whole30 or not). I am still very active and will hope for 5-10 pounds lost by the end of the month. I do feel like I have a carb addiction and look forward to breaking that. I quit smoking over 12 years ago so I figure I can beat anything. Good luck to everyone!

Day ten, most cravings are gone. I easily pass up donuts at meetings. Feel a little thinner.......don't look it. Curious what my weight is doing........I k ow I should forget about it but its a hard habit to break. Hope everyone is doing well.

Day 14 - Really feel thinner now and my clothes are fitting very loose......this is a great feeling. It's my youngest son's birthday today (14) and I did have several urges to have a piece of birthday cake....but didn't. My wife and I went our for dinner last night and I ate very sensible.......even took SoBe water into the restaurant as my drink. I am really curious to know about my weight loss but will wait the full 30. I really feel good, lots of energy, sleep like the dead, and don't feel hungry. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks Karyna for the encouragement. Congrats on your 3rd whole 30. Do you wait between or do you start the next as soon as you finish?

Day 15 started after a great night of sleep (again)! I worked my tail off this weekend and was in constant motion from sun-up to sun-down Friday-Sunday. My energy level is great and my wife made several comments that she could definetly see a difference in my weight. My clothes fit loose (finally) and I dont find myself getting winded as mcuh. I am 5'10 and hit 251 pounds back in January. I hated the fact that I got that heavy and started working at getting thinner. I got down to 234 lbs before starting this. I had been stuck at this weight for several weeks even though I was going to the gym regularly and watching (kind of) my diet. I am absolutely STUNNED at what I have NOT eaten in the past 2 weeks. No candy, cakes, donuts, chips, crackers, pretzels, ice cream, bread, rolls, cereal, yogurt........I was a human dumpster. I even tried (and liked) asparagus for the first time last week. Hope everyone is doing well.

I decided to add some more background in hopes that my information might help someone else with similar issues. I am 46, 5'10 and currently (from my last weigh in two weeks ago...234 pounds). I consider myself in good shape, minus being overweight. I am physical and active. I was taking 9 shots, twice a week for allergies but stopped about a month ago when the weather was cold and allergies were under control. Pollen is very thick now and I have NOT gone back to the shots and I am having NO allergy effects at all which I hope is a result of some of the foods I was eating. Many people come on this diet looking for miracles and I have read things like "I lost 20 pounds, two clothing sizes, cholesterol went down, blood pressure improved, skin got clearer, allergies went away, sleep got better, house got bigger, car got newer, spouse got better looking, dog quit chasing cats, kids are getting A's in school".....etc! I have not been going to the gym since starting Whole 30 to see just what could be accomplished. The next part gets a little personal but I just want people to know what they might expect. I went from 2 large stools per day down to one small one every day or two. Sexual performance was already heathy and has remained that way. Allergies are at bay. My skin has always been good so I am not sure I can say it has gotten better. I do not feel bloated, I am less gassy, my acid reflux is GONE! I will add more when I discover it. Best of luck!

Day 15

I normally work out first thing in the morning but I was just so tired. I did manage to so ChaLean Extreme Lean Circuit 1 - 40 min of weight training so happy about that!

Meal 1 - smoked salmon, two hard boiled eggs, 1/4 avocado, spinach and coffee with almond milk

Meal 2 - leftover roast pork dinner from last night

Snacks - banana, kale chips/crisps, cashew nuts, dried strawberries

Meal 3 - shepherd's pie with a sweet potato topping, spinach salad and roast broccoli

I have spent all day watching old episodes of Great British Bake Off - drooling over the baked goods but instead of biting into bread, I kept myself distracted and had tea with kale chips instead!

@dcducks1 I wait in between - I normally have a month where I am okay then another month where I am so off Paleo even that I need to reset with a whole30!

Thanks Karyna! Today is day 16 ....yeah! Yesterday was very tough for some reason. I kept having urges and I continued to fight thru them. I'm guessing its like smoking......you get over a hump....do well for a week or so and find another hump that you have to conquer. No worries.....decided to clean my garage to help power thru the cravings. Had some beef kabobs and a nice salad for dinner and made a banana smoothie as a treat. Slept like.....the dead! Woke up, drove to work singing in the Jeep and ready to attack the day! Going to hit the gym tomorrow and Thursday for cardio one day and weight training the next. Have a great day!

Dave

Archived