Need Recipes for Skinless Chicken Breast

thattreeisme

You ever have meat defrosted and have NOT a clue as to what you're going to do with it?

I have about 5-6lbs of skinless chicken breast defrosted in my fridge and i am in need of a recipe. i am thinking i can make 2 different dishes with the amount i have.

Day 9 and feeling great! (my mom and sister even jumped on board, i've inspired them!)

I'm a very simple cook. I sautéed two big onions and then added the chicken breasts. Mine were already 3 oz each. I browned them on both sides and that was that. They were delicious. You could add peppers, spinach and a host of stuff I'm not familiar with. Like I said. Very simple.

I pan-fry the chicken breasts in ghee (season with salt, pepper, paprika, italian seasoning blend, garlic powder). Set aside. Then cook diced zucchini and red pepper in the same pan. Once softened, add 1 cup compliant tomato sauce/passata. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, basil and oregano.

Place a chicken breast in aluminum foil, then top with the veg sauce. Wrap up and seal and place on baking tray. Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.

I serve this with cauliflower rice. It's amazing. :)

I would brine them (as in Well Fed 1) and then poach them in chicken stock. This makes for beautifully moist chicken that you can use in curries, one pots or just for breakfast with a load of mayo or avocado. 

Last weekend, I did the same - thawed a huge package of chicken breasts and had to figure out what to do with them.  I poached them (heat in a pot of water until boiling then cover and turn off the heat and let sit until cooked through.  Then chopped them and mixed them with avocado, lemon juice, spices, chopped celery, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, scallion, cashews and raisins for a HUGE bowl of chicken salad.  I'm eating it all week for lunch on top of spinach.

Archived