Peggy's Log

Peg541

Day 3

Breakfast

2 eggs. 1 egg white. Mushrooms. Red peppers. Spinach. Onions.

1 small tangerine

Water

Black coffee.

Woke up sort of breathless. Been tired. Otherwise OK. Breathless gone after eating.

Adding carrots.

I'm 64. I lost 133 lbs 6 years ago with WW. I'm a WW employee now for 5 years. 15 lbs crept back on due to bad habits slipping back in.

I exercise 5 days a week. Stay active. Unheard of for me previously. My whole life is different.

I'm a NY er relocated to LA 31 years ago.

Daughter 31 married. Writes for television.

Son 29 writes fiction. Needs to sell a book.

Good good kids. Husband a physician. I'm a former nurse.

I'm interested in whole30 and eating right. I scared myself last month by eating two boxes of peeps and now all I can think about are those sugary peeps. This has to stop or all of my weight will be back.

A neighbor lost 80 lbs on Paleo a few years ago and looks great.

I'm used to eliminating food. My son has potentially fatal allergies to peanuts. Few close calls. He avoids a large list of foods so eliminating things comes easy to me.

I am stronger than the food. I am stronger than those peeps!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cooked the eggs and veggies in EVOO. Does that count? This is only day 3 for me. I thought I was doing fine. I did see the template. It'll be a while before I'm brave enough to eat 3 whole eggs every day. So far I do not crave anything. I'm comfortable and satisfied all day. This has to be good for something. I did read the templates. I'll check it out again. Thanks.

How much healthy oil do you advise in one day?

Day 3 lunch

Big green salad. Chicken. 1/2 small avocado. Carrots. Roasted butternut squash. EVOO & vinegar. Coffee. Water. Fruit flavored water I made myself.

Feel fine. I'm not having any cravings. I was hungry for lunch but not overly so. Not cranky. Just fine.

Does this mean I'm not doing it correctly?

Having some GI cramping. Probably too many raw veggies. Will avoid salad tomorrow and stick with the protein planned to go in the salad. Might roast a bunch of carrots. That'll be good. Lay off the raw carrots for a day.

Good? Seems rational. Still getting my whole30 foods in but in a different form.

Day 4 will edit this during the day.

Breakfast. 3 eggs fried in olive oil. Chicken breast 3 oz. Butternut squash. Watermelon. Coffee (ick no sweetener). Water.

I really can't eat much more. Still have lower GI cramping from all the salads and raw carrots from the past three days. I'm not hungry and have NO cravings. I don't expect any. All of the illegal food is out of the house. Nothing here to tempt me. I'm accustomed to cleaner eating but this is CLEAN eating so it'll take time. Slept well. Feel sort of crappy. No nap today. Work done at 10 am but painters outside every window at home till 4. I'll nap then.

Exercised last night. Walked 2.4 miles with my son. Did fine. Came home aching all over. I survived. Will walk again tonight.

Lunch.

Feel a little crampy still.

4 hard boiled eggs. Beets. Baked sweet potato. No skin. Can I eat the skin? Coffee (still yuk no sweetener) water flavored with cucumbers. Not hungry. No cravings. I'm not a craving sort of person.

Anyone have suggestions for coffee? Buy the good stuff right? But aside from adding a bit of cinnamon I'm lost. I'm making chicken soup. That will be welcome. Passover on Monday. In sure I'll be fine. 15 people here. Save me!

Dinner

Chicken broth. Safe. Roasted carrots. Guacamole. Chicken breast from soup I made today. Two cuties. Teeny tangerines. Water. Done eating for the day.

Walked just a mile usually 3. .

Having some GI cramping. Probably too many raw veggies. Will avoid salad tomorrow and stick with the protein planned to go in the salad. Might roast a bunch of carrots. That'll be good. Lay off the raw carrots for a day.

Good? Seems rational. Still getting my whole30 foods in but in a different form.

Seems rational to me.  :)  I have lots of digestive issues with Gastroparesis being the biggest of them at the moment, so I'm probably going to have to cut back on the raw veggies as well.  I got horrible GI cramping yesterday...haven't had that for a while.

You're doing great!

Can someone tell me what do I use ghee for? Sautéed chicken? Cook eggs in?

Use it just like you would use butter.  Me personally: I cook eggs in it, mix it into mashed cauliflower, or top steamed string beans with it.

Yes, I use ghee for those things, and I also use it to put on my veggies.  Last night I cooked my steak and butternut squash in it.  :)  I think I like the flavor better than olive oil for most things.  Olive oil is a little overpowering in some things.  I DO use olive oil mainly for my salads.

I'm thirsty a lot. Drinking fruit flavored water. I toss strawberries in the water. Or cucumbers. I'm missing something oh diet coke. Water is not doing the job. I'll buy some fizzy water and try that on and off I guess.

Today is day 5

I feel great. Belly pain gone. Frankly my p**p is to die for. Everything is working fine.

I bought some kombucha. It looks scary. I'm proud of how water is going now. I toss a few strawberries or orange slices in and it's palatable.

Breakfast 4 scrambled eggs in ghee. Mushrooms. Onions. Red pepper. Yum. Roasted butternut squash. Watermelon. Coffee. Still ick without sweeteners. Water.

Lunch. 2 palm fulls of chicken 6 oz, Guacamole. Roast carrots. Chicken broth. Water. Again yum.

Dinner. Chicken soup with chicken carrots. Zucchini. Green beans. Guacamole. Strawberries. Broccoli. Extra chicken on the side.

I'm not exactly hungry. Absolutely NO cravings.

Does this look good so far?

I read a lot of labels at Costco and came home with broccoli. Nothing else. Well we have Passover Monday and I bought food for the SADs among us.

Archived