Peggy's Log

Peg541

Day 15/8

Breakfast

4 eggs scrambled with mushrooms. Red peppers. Onion. Aidell's chicken sausage. Compliant. Yay! I should have had some more veggies but I'm stressed with a house full of workmen. Gosh I wonder how I'm going to get lunch. My fridge is covered up. Bad planning Peggy.

Lunch

Had to eat with my hands. Cold food. Boneless pork chop. Green beans. Strawberries. All I dare to eat cold. Kitchen unavailable.

Dinner.

Chicken breast sautéed in ghee and EVOO. Guacamole. Green beans. Strawberries. Baked sweet potato (small). Licorice tea.

Kitchen will again be unavailable tomorrow but tonight I will put my lunch together and be able to grab it after work. My poor planning today re: no kitchen almost made me have to eat out wondering how I was going to manage that.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 16/9

Doing fine. Feel fine. Have always felt fine since day 1. Thought I was supposed to feel crappy! Workmen in the house all day today too. Not much to look forward to frankly house wise. Might have kitchen access for lunch but I got it ready anyway.

BREAKFAST

Boneless pork chop. Carrots. Guacamole. Not hungry. That's all I can squeak down. One little tangerine. Coffee. Water.

LUNCH

almond butter. Banana. Coffee. Explanation below.

DINNER

4 scrambled eggs with onions. Mushrooms. Red peppers. Strawberries. Water. Licorice tea.

I'm doing fine. Food works just fine. Kitchen still gone so I missed lunch. Not suffering. Had a packet of almond butter and a banana. Will make eggs for dinner. Have plenty of vegetables to serve with the eggs.

Going to a wedding in NYC for 5 days. Not too certain how I'll do food wise. I might have to start again again!

I will do my best but don't want to get sick. We shall see. .

Feeling great. No cravings. No problems. Barely hungry. I don't miss snacks at all. I find this strange that I'm barely hungry and not snacking. I read the whole book. ISWF. I believe. I understand. Still I expect some difficulties. I'm so glad to be feeling so good.

Day 17/10

BREAKFAST

6 eggs hard boiled. 3 yellows. Six whites. Carrots roasted. A bit of guacamole. Water coffee.

LUNCH

salmon. Green beans. Carrots. Guacamole. Licorice tea. Water

DINNER

brisket of beef. Carrots. Onions. coffee. Water. Half banana.

Day 18/11

I would appreciate it if a moderator would chime in here please? I have questions.

I know we are not supposed to weigh ourselves but I have to weigh in to keep my job. That's only because I'm over my goal by 15 lbs. so I lost another 1.8 lbs this week.

I'd like to ask how likely is it that if I continue whole30 that I will keep this weight off. I'm not certain what I will re introduce. I'm in the weight loss healthy eating business so I know how to keep weight off. Careful portioning and consistent moderate exercise. Of course smart choices too. I doubt I'll add dairy back since we have not been friends lately. I don't eat legumes anyway. Soy makes me sick. I do adore bread and really just ate one piece of homemade bread every day. I might try to add that back but really I don't miss it. I love not snacking and limiting my fruit.

So it looks like maybe except for an occasional careful meal out or a special occasion I'll be pretty compliant. I plan to be anyway. Does the weight pile back on? I'd like to be successful at this.

Day 18/11

I would appreciate it if a moderator would chime in here please? I have questions.

I know we are not supposed to weigh ourselves but I have to weigh in to keep my job. That's only because I'm over my goal by 15 lbs. so I lost another 1.8 lbs this week.

I'd like to ask how likely is it that if I continue whole30 that I will keep this weight off. I'm not certain what I will re introduce. I'm in the weight loss healthy eating business so I know how to keep weight off. Careful portioning and consistent moderate exercise. Of course smart choices too. I doubt I'll add dairy back since we have not been friends lately. I don't eat legumes anyway. Soy makes me sick. I do adore bread and really just ate one piece of homemade bread every day. I might try to add that back but really I don't miss it. I love not snacking and limiting my fruit.

So it looks like maybe except for an occasional careful meal out or a special occasion I'll be pretty compliant. I plan to be anyway. Does the weight pile back on? I'd like to be successful at this.

I understand that your job requires you to weigh yourself to keep your job. As a result, that makes what you're doing a modified Whole30. It's fine for you to keep tracking your progress in the forum, however I would move your log to the Post Whole30 section, which is how we handle such situations (so people looking at the Whole30 logs don't get confused when they see someone not following all the rules).  Send me a PM when you see this note, and I'll take care of the move later today.

If you keep eating Whole30 style the majority of the time, while we don't have a crystal ball, chances are good that you will likely maintain.  FWIW, I've maintained my Whole30 weight loss since last October, eating Whole30 style 85-90% of the time.

Day 19

BREAKFAST

Four scrambled eggs with onion. Red peppers. Mushrooms. Small baked sweet potato. Coffee. Water.

LUNCH

Brisket of beef. Carrots. Onions. Butternut squash. Water. Licorice tea. Strawberries. OK. SEE THAT LUNCH.? There was no fat. And now at 2:45 I'm starving. Or maybe I just want to eat. What do we do in and case like this? I figure I'll eat my dinner at 4. I'll have some coffee now and water. I already ate enough fruit today. Good learning experience for me. Also maybe it was the strawberries. I ate a bit more than usual.

DINNER

Chicken breast. Carrots. Guacamole. Green beans. Handful of olives. This should hold me even if it's early. This is my day off and typically I'd snack all day. Maybe that's it too. Learn something every day.

I got moved here because I have to weigh in for my job. I can't avoid the scale so it's better for me to be here and not confuse newbies. Even though I'm a newbie. I'm on day 19/12 with a slip up on day 7 when I tasted a Passover cake. Either way I'm doing fine.

No cravings. I'm hardly hungry for meals and am enjoying every minute of my first whole30.

I ate dinner early because I forgot to include a fat in my lunch and was starving by 2:30. With dinner I has a dollop of guacamole. That really helps. I'm fine now. Off to bed early. I work very early tomorrow. Lesson learned.

Saturday

Day 20/13

Morning all Busy day for me at work. 3 popular meetings.

BREAKFAST

Boneless pork chop, green beans, sweet potato, guacamole. Banana strawberries.

LUNCH

I'm on the run. Had to pack lunch. Exactly the same as breakfast. Good planning on my part.

DINNER

Craving red meat.

2 hamburger patties. Carrots. Zucchini. Guacamole. That should hold me for a while.

Leader substitute did not show up today so I had to lead the first meeting. I am not a leader. But I've been at this long enough. I felt great standing up there 10 lbs down. It went fine. I had them rolling in the aisles. And motivated.

Sunday. Day 21/14

BREAKFAST

Three hard boiled eggs. Three whites. Carrots. Zucchini. Coffee. Water.

Feel fine. Apparently carrots go through me pretty quickly. Not certain why but I'll respect this and change over to something else. I'm traveling next week. Not certain how I'll eat. A bit worried because I don't want to be sick. Can't be gassy and miserable at a wedding can I? I'll do my best. So far I'm packing guacamole. Tuna packets and almond butter packets. That should tide me over in lean times.

My husband just asked me what do I plan to re-introduce once the 30 days are up. Frankly I did not know he knew that much about what I'm doing. I'm not certain yet. Probably my one piece of toast a day but that remains to be seen. I do miss toast but don't miss the gas. Gluten free bread has no appeal to me but that is an option. Let's see how it works but that's a while from now. I'm in no rush. Probably will have to start at day one again once we return from NY.

Otherwise I'm not craving a thing. Miss sweetener in my coffee. Nothing else.

Kids staying at the house to eat up my veggies. LOL!

LUNCH

Butternut squash. Guacamole. Nom-nom Paleo shrimp stuffed mushrooms. Delicious and easy peasy. Coffee. Water.

DINNER

Hamburger patty. Tomatoes. Guacamole. Butternut squash.

I don't know what to eat for dinner. I'm not at all hungry. I'll wait till later. Have plenty of leftovers. I always celebrate when I am not feeling hunger or what passes for hunger.

Walked 2 miles. Feel fine. Need to get a lot of water in tonight.

Doing fine. Traveling tomorrow. A bit concerned but honestly I have the tools. If I have poor choices I'm packing tuna, Guacamole, and almond butter.

I'm a little weary of what I'm eating. When we get home I'm making a big pot of chili and some soup. I need variations. It's my fault I get stuck on a food and eat it forever. It's just who I am. Nothing to fix.

BREAKFAST

3 scrambled eggs. 1/2 sweet potato. Guacamole. Strawberries. Feel great. Weight slipping off. I totally approve of this way of eating.

LUNCH

Brisket of beef. Carrots. Onions. Guacamole. Licorice tea. Water.

DINNER

Same as lunch + strawberries.

I think I have the food plan down pretty well. Don't feel the need to post meals except maybe for questions. I'm traveling the next six days. Food will be plentiful but not certain how compliant. I've packed tuna. Almond butter and guacamole. That is a start anyway. Plenty of exercise opportunities so this is good. I'll restart the 30 days once I get home. Kids staying here to eat all of my food LOL!

I'm traveling. It's hard. No car rain rain rain. We missed two meals so I had to eat what I could find. Chicken broth. Deli turkey. Almond butter. Water. Coffee.

I know I'm not compliant. I'm going to write it all down so I can account for it. I'll restart as soon as I get near decent food again. I'm hunting down a chipotle for dinner. I'll read here what to eat.

Archived