Peggy's Log

Peg541

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that. I went to the exact one mentioned at this site. I had lettuce. Carnitas and guacamole. It was heavenly. Really good. There is one near my house and I'm going to have this once in a while. I never do take out. I'm satisfied. Bought carrots and guacamole to add to whatever I can find for breakfast.

How are you doing Peg 541?  I'm on Day 24 - Day 30 is just around the corner!  I have seen improvement for sure.  My sinuses are clearer, my GERD/LPR has improved.  I'm sleeping like a baby.  I went out for breakfast with a friend this morning.  I played it safe with steak and eggs.  I asked if they had any vegies but they didn't.  I'm going to stay on the diet passed Day 30 because I feel really good and want to see how much better I can feel!  

I just wanted to check in with you since we have the love of corgis in common and I believe we started on the same day (April 7?)

How all is well!

Laurie

Hi Laurie. I'm visiting in NYC and tried hard to be compliant but have had a big fail. I think it's better for me to start at day one as soon as I return to LA. day 1 here was good but compliant choices got fewer and farther between. Luckily I feel fine but I'm going to be mindful for now and compliant once I get home and get cooking on Tuesday.

Actually my son is at our home making me compliant chili for when we get home. He's babysitting the contractor. LOL!

Laurie we met a sweet corgi named Mia in Central Park.

I'm glad you're doing well. Really I was too. I will again. I thought I'd be better while away but I see it's quite a commitment while not at home.

Epic whole30 fail here in NYC. Once I'm back in LA and can do my own cooking I'll be fine. No bad effects from non-compliance except a few I would not talk about in public. I feel great and look great. Once I get back on I'll BE great.

I'm back and on track. I should have waited till after NYC to start. I've been out and bought all the vegetables I could see. I'm cooking away right now. I will be fine food wise for at least a week now. The weight I lost on my first 21 days made me feel like a million dollars.

Day1 restart

BREAKFAST

4 eggs scrambled. Guacamole. Carrots. Have to shop for food after being away.

LUNCH

Roasted carrots. Meat loaf made with sweet potato replacing bread. Wonder if it'll work. Green beans. Carrots. Guacamole.

DINNER

Day 2

Yesterday went well. Right back on the horse. I find this plan very easy to follow. I'm not going to post my food unless I find some great recipe to wow about. I'm going to try the mayonnaise tonight have to buy light olive oil first. I'd like something to put on salad or to being with me to a restaurant. We are going out for Mother's Day which is our 34 th anniversary too. I'll bring it with me then.

Hi Peg 541!

Sounds like you are on track and ready to rock this Whole30! Good for you!!! I'm starting my second 30 days and will post here too.  I still haven't made the mayo.  I have all of the stuff.  I weighed this morning.  Was sure I had gained weight because of the way my pants felt around the waist.  But no, didn't gain a pound.  But I didn't lose any either.  That's good.  

My goal for the second 30 days is to be a little bit more creative in my meal choices.  I pretty much ate the same thing every day with a few revisions here and there.  I love what I eat though so really didn't have an incentive to change it - it was easier that way because I knew just what to buy!  But I need to try some new things.  I'm going to buy an inside grill so I can grill salmon.  

I also started following FlyLady.  Did you happen to see the link to her website on the Daily30?  I had never heard of her before so I was curious.  Now I'm following her daily missions in household cleaning.  It's actually kind of fun.  And I'm getting my house cleaned!  Fifteen minutes at a time...

Glad I found you here.  I was a little bit blue about ending the Whole30 and not posting anymore.  It was motivating to me.

Laurie 

Great Laurie. Nice to have a partner.

I just made my own mayonnaise using the recipe on Facebook today. Came out great. I made tuna salad for tomorrow. Yum. I'll use some for my salad tonight. Son coming for dinner.

Day 3.

Everything going fine. Food easy. No cravings. Feel great. Have to drink more water leg cramps last night.

I did make the Nom nom Paleo stuffed mushrooms last week. They were great. Omitted bacon. Could not find safe bacon.

Hungry. Ate well. Had to eat dinner early. It's my early day off. I think I'm bored. Should have gone out and walked. Will walk once friend comes home. I won't be hungry the rest of the day.

I've got a beef brisket the size of a Volvo in the oven. Covered in carrots. Celery and onions. Will make for good compliant eating all week after I share some with my son. He's about to start his own whole30. He has more GI issues and food allergies than most of us here.

Today is my longest day at work. And the busiest. I ate a good breakfast but not enough. I was ravenous for lunch and am now craving for something sweet. I ate a few strawberries. That's not what I want. I want cake.

I'll be fine. I know I cannot have cake and there is no cake to be had anyway. Tomorrow we are going for Mother's Day brunch. I checked the menu and will probably have the chicken Caesar salad no dressing. No croutons. No cheese. Just lettuce and chicken. I'll bring my own mayonnaise I made. I have not found a salad dressing yet. Mayo will be fine.

I think I'm hungry because I'm really tired.

Again cravings. What have I done wrong today. I was up at 4 thinking of Cake.

BREAKFAST

3 HB eggs. 1/4 cup guacamole. 2 cups roast carrots. Strawberries. Small banana. Coffee. Water.

LUNCH

Meat loaf. Broccoli. Carrots. Guacamole.

DINNER

Brisket. Carrots. Celery. Onions. Guacamole.

Is it just normal cravings I've not experienced yet? I think I'm eating enough.

Opinions?

I did fine Mother's Day brunch out. I pretended to sip champagne in a toast for our sons successes. I made my own ranch dressing and put it on a dry chicken Caesar salad. Ate only some. Talking too much. Side order of guacamole. Did fine. Proud. No pressure from the kids. Amazing.

Dinner

Meatloaf. Carrots. Guacamole. Licorice tea. Water. Water. Strawberries.

Doing fine.  Food going really well . I can see my weight coming down.  Will weigh in with work on Saturday like I'm supposed to. I bought a spiralizer to give my veggies a different slant, as it were LOL. 

Off to work.

No more cravings.  That may have been a bad day. 

Spent some time in whole foods reading labels. Found mustards. Salad dressings. Bacon and marinara sauce all read compliant. That will expand my horizons a bit.

Food going fine. Feel great.

DAY 8

Doing really well. Food going well. Feel great. Look great. No issues. Yes broccoli is tough for breakfast. With breakfast. But I did it. I'm trying to rotate root veggies with green and yellow veggies.

Have a good day everyone.

Great day. Very hot here. Lots of water gone down. No cravings. All seems to be well. I have to weigh in on Saturday. Should be interesting. Not certain what to expect. I'm not a fan of the scale.

Day 9

I woke up awfully cranky. Is this me off of carbs? It's been about 40 days now. It seems late for this.

Feel fine otherwise. Food going fine. I got a spiralizer yesterday. Will give it a try later on.

Congratulations on the spiralizer purchase! I love mine! Lately I've been using it to spiralize sweet potatoes which I then saute in a pan with coconut oil or ghee and a generous sprinkle of Real Salt and garlic powder. Delicious with a grass fed burger and homemade mayo. Yum!

I've been reading about how hot it is in LA right now so your cranky might have to do with that more than your food but it is hard to say. You also posted a little further up here that you were not sure if you were eating enough. The meals you have posted look pretty good to me but maybe a little more fat? Remember the fat and veggie portions on the template are minimum servings. If you are still craving sweets I would fight them by feeding yourself more protein and fat when the cravings hit. 

Thanks Bethany. That was one day of cravings. Thankfully it's not reappeared. I barely have hunger for meals lately. I think I'm great. I did have an eye doctor appointment today. I was not worried about it but I'm not a fan of the guy. Today he was way more friendly and actually treated me as if I had a brain. That helped my cranky a whole lot. A nice big lunch did not hurt either. Meatloaf. Guacamole. Roasted carrots broccoli.

Yes it's hot here. I have the opera tonight so it'll be cool and friend is driving since I'm still dilated.

I so appreciate the mentions from moderators here. Much appreciated.

Archived