Starting April 13th...

Collieraddo

Hello everyone, I'm 25 years old and starting my first Whole30. Since I was little, I've never liked meat or vegetables... I've lived primarily off of grains, dairy, and fruit my whole life (plus a lot of junk food). Then a few years ago, I started having daily abdominal pain. I went to my doctor and he had my gallbladder removed. That didn't help anything. Then I came to realize that I have some food intolerances, especially to salicylates. I read several testimonials of people who had food intolerances that were resolved by the Whole30. So for that reason, and because I know I need to change my diet to a healthy one, I'm going to give this a try... starting April 13th. I really appreciate all the support that's offered here and am looking forward to this challenge. 

Hello!  Congrats to us both for committing to start on April 13th!  Sounds like you're going to see a lot of improvement in your overall health!  I'm excited to see how my body reacts too.  I've been trying to follow a paleo-ish type of diet for the past year, but I've definitely had too much dairy, wine and chocolate...  So, I'm using this as an opportunity to evaluate my relationship and dependency on these food choices, and seeing how my body and mind respond.  Good luck!!  We'll have to update one another on our experiences/struggles/successes!  

Hey that sounds great! I could definitely use the encouragement. I'm a bit nervous about it all, but I want to see it through. I think giving up breads and pastries is going to be the most challenging aspect of it for me (as far as cravings go). Is this your first whole30 then also?

Archived