April 8 Start Date: Day 2

Fimbrethil

I missed posting on day 1 because by the end of the day I was so lethargic I could barely hold my head up. Even though I usually end up in bed after midnight, I was in bed before 11 last night.

My first day was ok. I was less disgusted by black coffee than anticipated, and I didn't have a ton of cravings.

Just a headache. That. Just. Wouldn't. Stop.

I suppose that's the carb addiction kicking in. By 6 pm I was so lethargic already that I felt like a zombie. By morning, though, the headache and lethargy were gone.

My menu yesterday:

Breakfast:

Hard boiled egg

24 oz coffee

snow peas

Lunch:

2 chicken breasts fried in olive oil

more snow peas

Dinner:

spinach

one more chicken breast

about 1/2 oz raw almonds

Today I'm feeling better, and breakfast was the same. I have a butternut squash roasting in the oven and some amish turkey sausage planned for dinner. 

I did yell at the guy sitting next to me at work this morning. He was eating donuts. I had an outburst.

Then the guy on the other side started eating a candy bar. I refrained from yelling but did give him my best glare. They weren't offended or anything, we're all friends and they know what I'm doing. I just need to reign in my temper a little tiny bit. :)

Overall, I'm doing better than expected. I noticed when I went into the gas station for coffee that they have literally nothing I can eat in there. Reinforced the planning ahead idea for sure.

Welcome!

Feel free to up your protein at breakfast. When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number you can hold in your hand. For most folks, that's at least 2-3.  Also, be sure to get a healthy fat in as well. Here is the recommended meal template for each meal.

Archived