cravings!

I've been having unbelievable cravings the past two days and I'm only on day 2. Resisted the urge 2 use stevia at work in my tea along with any other sugar that was near me :-) I've been attempting the whole 30 for nearly two weeks now with a slip up each evening.despite the slip ups I'm proud of myself but today has definitely been the worst cravings. I think I'm starting my cycle which is most likely the cause. I'll keep fighting, its for my health and wellbeing!

If you can make it one day, you can make it 30.  It will get easier as the time goes by, however with that being said, it may get worst before it gets  better so be prepared.  Since the tea may be a trigger, you could try a different beverage just to off set it for a while?  Maybe a LaCroix? 

This biggest thing is try something different than your normal routine that is making you slip up.  That would be my suggestion, I am sure others can give you more insight on this. It really goes to how badly do you want to change your health? When it become important enough to you, you can resist just about anything.  And this is coming from someone with NO WILL POWER at all. After starting my first Whole 30, I didn't want to let myself down so there was no way I was going to intentionally cheat.  Just remember the reasons you are doing this when you want the sugar.

Good luck to you. :)

Are you eating according to the meal planning template? You may not be eating enough and that could be why you are craving foods in the afternoon or evening. Are you eating starchy veggies like sweet potato, beets and squash? This can also help with cravings. Are you drinking 1/2 your weight in oz of water a day. Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger. You may want to post some of your meals to see if you need to tweak anything to get the best experience possible.

Okay thanks for the suggestions. I find sweet potatoes and too many nuts a bit stressful on my digestion. Bfast is typically half apple, hard boiled egg, tea, handful sunflower seeds. Lunch sauteed kale, carrots, mixed veggies w/ sunflower seeds, tuna, ccoconut oil. Snacks are typically carrots, tsp coconut oil or raw nuts. Dinner and lunch are typically the same give or take an avocado. I'm always hungry 3 hrs after meals and wake up for a snack in the middle of the night which has been occurring for 4 years. The midnight snacks are where I slip up in regards to eating something non compliant. Typically peanuts or something but never dairy or grains. I'm a snacker and dont like big meals so this type of eating is a shift.

Well by what you're listing - you aren't eating enough.  So no wonder you're hungry

Eggs should be the amount you can hold in one hand, protein should 1 - 2 palm sizes, veggies should be (at minimum!) 1.5 cups (yes at every meal) and fat should be 1 - 2 thumbs worth or a closed handful of nuts/seeds or half to whole avocado. Fruit - try to limit to 1 - 2 pieces a day. 

Another tip - try to limit the nuts and seeds - yes they are an approved fat source, but they are not the *ideal* fat source as they bloat and cause problems for many.

Don't be scared of adding more food.  This goes against what has been pounded into our head for years - Less food does not equal weight loss or even health.  What happens when you undereat?  Your body goes into a form of starvation mode.  What does your body do when you do that?  It essentially will horde fat.

I chronically underate for years because I thought I had to.  Low fat/higher carb, low fat/lower carb, weight watchers, herbal magic - I tried a bunch.  Got accused of lying a couple of times on my food journal because my weight didn't budge or I gained.  Whenever friends saw me eat I could see a big question mark over their head.  This woman doesn't each much so how can she be so overweight?

So don't be scared of food.  Yes feel free to play around with protein and fat quantities to find what works for you.  But you should never be hungry on this plan.  If you are hungry to eat plain fish and steamed broccoli.  Eat. 

Archived