Any sort of deli turkey

Peg541

Fresh roasted turkey might be one option at the Whole Foods deli counter. You'd need to grill them on whether it contains any nasties. Or turkey from a poultry farmer or butcher.

Bottom line: deli turkey meat is very tricky to get Whole30 compliant.

Fresh roasted turkey might be one option at the Whole Foods deli counter. You'd need to grill them on whether it contains any nasties. Or turkey from a poultry farmer or butcher.

Bottom line: deli turkey meat is very tricky to get Whole30 compliant.

It is disappointing but sometimes they don't even know! The WF by my house has a local bacon whose ingredients list at WF didn't include sugar and I called the farm to make sure and they said that it was cured with sugar but they didn't feel the need for WF to list it on the plaque in front of it in the deli case. ?!?!

• 4 weeks later...

What about Boar's Head lunchmeats?

Check the ingredient label or call their nutrition line at 800-352-6277.   Their meats are gluten-free, but you'd need to ask if they contain things like sugar, sweetener, soy or carrageenan.

According to this post, most of their meats contain sugar, which would make them a no go for a Whole30.

• 4 weeks later...

Our local Whole Foods just started carrying Plainville and it's really good and cheaper than Applegate. 

I actually just sent an email to the company to confirm ingredients (to make sure there's nothing hidden -- call me neurotic after reading posts here) but I could see the ingredients list on the package through the deli case and it looked good.

Archived