Hungry. no snack handy. what to do?

Bridgedurso

Hi,

My lunch (same thing that worked great yesterday) isn't holding me over today. I'll be home in about an hour and a half. I have some roasted veggies with me, but no protein to make it a whole 30 snack. I am not dying or anything, just used to being told that letting my blood sugar crash is bad for me. What do you all think? eat the protein-free snack, or hold out? thanks!

Bridge

Bridge -

I realize this is coming a little late, but for future reference...

If you aren't feeling hungry, then don't feel like you have to have a snack. If you are hungry, go ahead and eat the veggies sans protein. You're not going to cause any harm by eating what (compliant food) you've got on hand,

In the past 30 days things like that have happened to me and sometimes I just went hungry. I realized that it is ok to be hungry! I am not going to die if I do not get my snack or meal for that matter. I have plenty of fat to keep me going! It was actually quite liberating to not HAVE to eat.

It was interesting. I opted for hungry, which might have been fine if it hadn't been for all the spaciness! (detox? Hunger?) I walked to the wrong parking garage, then I started driving home like I was going to my old house, then traffic, then... And so what would have had me eating in an hour became three. My hunger signals were then a little whack in the evening. Luckily my gourmet grassfed jerky came in the mail yesterday, so I will always have a compliant snack in my desk!)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived