What do you find yourself making again and again?

littleg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Its been about 35 days for me now and I found some great recipes early on that I've made.  Each week.  I still enjoyed eating them last week but I'm thinking that for the sake of nutritional variety I should switch it up a little.  What recipes do you find making over and over again because they are tasty and satiating?  These are the ones I've made every week:

Beef Stew - goes great with raw snap peas for lunch

Asian meatballs

Ginger zucchini soup - I heat up the soup and eat the meatballs cold, dipped in coconut milk

Breakfast Meatloaf (not just for breakfast!)

Barbecue Sauce

Cinnamon Cayenne Sweet Potatoes 

and my all time favourite recipe from way before my first Whole30

Chili Cilantro Lime Crockpot Chicken

and having bought Well Fed cookbook I always brine chicken pieces before cooking now s they are just so moist and tender. 

I make Nom Nom's Korean BBQ recipe almost once a week. (No link, sorry, on phone.) Hers calls for short ribs, which are nice. But I do it with a brisket and eat it all week. It's AIP compliant and hits the spot for me, flavor-wise. I usually eat it with sautéed cabbage, onto which I shave frozen ginger (best trick), but it's also yummy over salad with avocado. Or I'll make some broccoli either steamed or stir fried.

I love making a hunk of meat in the slow cooker that I can eat all week long.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I just happen to have a brisket in the freezer that is nearing its life expectancy... Do you change the recipe on her website for brisket vs ribs?

Thanks everyone for all the responses - definitely bookmarked a bunch of the webpages posted :)

Nope. I do the recipe the same for the brisket. If it's a big one (my last was 4.5 lbs) I add a little extra stock. I have used a Fuji apple the last couple times and don't taste a difference from a brisket made with an Asian pear.

• Moderators

I second Beets' korean slow cooker beef, Sharyn's cilantro lime chicken (thanks, you two, for tipping me off to those!), and Vian's nomnom chicken and gravy. I also often throw a pork shoulder in the crock pot covered with a dry rub (WF2's italian pork roast is a good recipe to start with) for a lovely bunch of meals.

Gotta run again, but I'll be back with more on veggies and sauces. No time to link right now but I will!!

• 2 weeks later...

Breakfast Meatloaf (not just for breakfast!)

Barbecue Sauce

Cinnamon Cayenne Sweet Potatoes 

and my all time favourite recipe from way before my first Whole30

Chili Cilantro Lime Crockpot Chicken

and having bought Well Fed cookbook I always brine chicken pieces before cooking now s they are just so moist and tender. 

I'm trying the Crockpot Chicken tonight!  I've got it all ready to put into the crockpot at noon.

The limes are ridiculously un-juicy lately....I needed 5 to get 1/2 C of juice!

My make the following again and again:

Meatza Pie from Well Fed.

Italian Pork Roast from Well Fed 2.

Sweet Potato Soup from Well Fed 2 (I omit the bacon step and use coconut oil)

Nom Nom Paleo's Braised Green Cabbage http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1356598429/worlds-best-braised-green-cabbage

Zoodles (I julienne several zucchini and leave them raw in the fridge and pull out what I need for each meal.  I don't cook them ahead of time I just add them to whatever hot food I'm eating.  I like the texture better this way.)

• 3 weeks later...

When I make my brisket I follow the nom nom recipe for Korean BBQ short ribs, but with brisket. I do broil the meat first, which is a genius alternative to pan browning. I usually get a 4lb piece and I cut it if I can't get it to fit into my crock pot.

And yeah I basically live on meatcakes, ie, burgers. A little smoked salt and voila. 😘

also, iced herbal tea, I'm currently drinking one and feeling really guilty like I've had something really sugary to drink...I haven't #logic

I'm curious about the breakfast meatloaf process and am tempted to try to put one of the WF2 recipes from the Burgers, Balls, and Bangers section in the crockpot to cook as a loaf. (I love the Merguez sausage recipe with lamb)

Shaping the balls is time consuming for me.

Has anyone tried this?

Snowflower - I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I love "Best Chicken In the World" from Well Fed. (Seriously amazing.) We also loved the Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) from WF, but that's kind of time consuming so I don't make it as often as I'd like.

I eat fresh green beans like it's going out of style. Steam quickly, then saute in olive oil with some garlic. YUM. Also loving pureed cauliflower!

Archived