In the meal template, what are sweet potatoes?

Follow-up question.  Is there any reason to limit my consumption of sweet potatoes, other than calories?  (I'm vaguely trying to lose weight, but not overly concerned about it.)  As in, can I eat 3 sweet potatoes a day, or is that too many?  (And if it is too many, how come?)  Thanks!

How do you feel when you eat 3 sweet potatoes a day? Is your energy steady? Mood positive and upbeat? BMs regular? If so, keep doing what you are doing. Don't fret about what you are eating (so long as it's Whole30 compliant, of course). Instead, focus on how you are feeling. I have found that if I restrict starchy veg then I will hold onto weight - restricting carbs for me is a stressor. That said, there may come a day when you naturally just start eating a bit less than 3 sweet potatoes a day - and that's okay, too. Don't overthink it. I oftentimes eat 2 sweet potatoes a day for months on end and I haven't turned orange yet ... ;)

BMs a little irregular lately (very slightly backed up, but nothing dramatic).  Could that be related?  Otherwise I feel amazing.  One relevant thing is that I haven't been averaging 3 sweet potatoes a day (or even 2).  It's more that I just discovered how awesome/delicious they are (even when not fry-shaped) in the last few days and I'm on a kick.

• Moderators

The number of sweet potatoes you eat each day will vary from person to person -- however, I would advise against that being your ONLY veggie.

You'll want to eat some green veggies (have you tried roasted broccoli? insanely tasty), try some new veggies (I love shredded rutabaga sauteed with some fat and onion and spices for my Meal 1 veggie), baby spinach can be tossed in any salad or sauteed dish. Don't forget raw veggies like baby carrots, sugar snap peas, celery, red bell pepper strips -- very quick, convenient and portable.

Archived