Legumes- does soy milk count?

bekahellen

I am planning how to reintroduce legumes, but honestly the only legume I have ever liked is peanut butter. Not even peanuts, just peanut butter. I mean, I could force myself to eat some black beans, but I really don't want to.

Could I drink a glass of soy milk? Would that be considered a legume from the soybeans?

Yeah, I know how bad soy is. I just want another serving of legumes rather than just eating peanut butter all day (though I wouldn't be opposed).

Before my Whole30 I had already stopped regularly drinking soy milk since I had learned about all the hormones, but I had a bad habit of ordering my (rare) Starbucks drinks with soy milk since cow's milk upsets my stomach. So, if I have a bad reaction to soy then I would for sure never drink it again.

You don't have to introduce anything that you don't want back in your life. If peanut butter is the only thing you want to introduce in the legume category then just eat them for one meal of the day and stay compliant for the rest. If you want to test soy then go for it. Good Luck!

Archived