Breakfast Ideas without Eggs

Dennay

Hi!

I've been eating a sweet potato with chicken sausage for most of my Whole30 breakfasts. I am worried that I am consuming too many carbs. I also dislike eggs. Does anyone have any favorite non-egg breakfast ideas?

Thanks!

Any leftover dinner! I've been making enough dinner (or meal 3) to have at least one leftover meal for the next day or days. It's convenient and easy. It breaks up the routine of eggs, eggs and more eggs and also gets you out of that "breakfast food" mindset. Good food is good food and it doesn't matter when you eat it, right?

I'm in the same boat as I think I have given myself an egg intolerance. My eczema has been worse after my Whole30! Today I am trying the dinner-for-breakfast thing for the first time. It's not too strange....but a little weird

i haven't tried these yet but they look great! And you'd only be eating 1/4 of a sweet potato rather than a whole (:

http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-and-apple-breakfast-patties/

I have always struggled with breakfast, and also don't like eggs. I have 2 new favorites, both from paleo cookbooks. One is a turnip hashbrown - just grated turnips, clarified butter, and scallions. I eat it with sausage and it's awesome. The other is a "hot cereal", made with almonds, pecans, COCONUT milk (not almond, like I first wrote) and cinnamon. I heat it up and add a little more coconut milk and strawberries. Delish!

I'm at work (oops), but will try to post the actual recipes this weekend.

I feel your pain about breakfast!

I love emergency protein ala nomnompaleo. I melt some coconut oil, then saute some veggies (spring onions, onions, green pepper). I'll add some diced sweet potato, and add a can of diced tomatoes. then throw in some grass fed ground beef, and seasonings. MMMMMMMMMMM....Honestly, I now love beef for breakfast!

I pack my breakfast to eat at work on weekdays and since I've learned to think outside the SAD box for breakfast I've found my choices quite varied. I usually pack a bag full of food and decide what I feel like eating for meal one and meal two at the time. I do love eggs, but here are some non-egg ideas:

Some ideas:

pure wraps with homemade mayo, bacon, lettuce and tomato

sliced veggies with homemade dips (babaganoush, homemade mayo, roasted red pepper dip)

tuna salad in half bell peppers

sliced chicken, turkey, or beef. just as is. I love me some meat.

chopped veggies mixed with guacamole, meat optional.

Homemade veggie soup!

My kids and I really like ground chicken and apples or pears sauteed with butter or coconut oil and breakfasty spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, etc. It's good too with chopped zuchinni or butternut squash. I usually put in some fruit and some veg to keep the carbs down.

• 5 months later...

Shazdaz26 it depends on the sausage I think. I've stayed away from any prepared sausages during my W30, I have used groud meat and made my own patties or crumbled and cooked it with spices. I've found precooking a pound of ground meat to have on hand to throw in a pan in the mornings with veggies and eggs to be a big time saver.

Archived