Salad dressing recipes or brands?

If plain balsamic and olive is too acidic, try also adding a dollop of mustard and pureed fruit, like dates or apple sauce. 

Other dressings i like:

mayo, garlic, capers, lemon juice, thin with coconut milk if needed (add some spices and it makes a good dip for crab cakes)

olive oil, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, lime, dash of compliant fish sauce (good for salad with more veggie chunks than leaves)

guacamole w/ extra lime

Looking for easy salad dressing recipes or ideas or store brands easy to keep on hand? Don't really care for olive oil and balsamic...too acidic for me. I love fresh salads as the weather gets warmer.

Have your thought about buying balsamic that has aged at least 25 years?  They tend to be milder.  We have a shop in my town that sells flavored ones and because of the age it cuts the acid.  I felt the same way you did about them being too acidic.  If I use a vinegar I will add some chopped apple to the salad to help it too.  If you can find rosemary oil and lavendar vinegar it is really a nice combo. Otherwise I use mayo as a base with either lemon juice or coconut vinegar and mix whatever herbs I prefer.

I make paleo ranch all the type.  Nom nom and Well Fed has great recipes of those on their websites.

Rosemary oil and lavender vinegar? That sounds divine!

It's da bombdiggity!  Try it if you can find it.  It's great with spinach, raw pecans, red onions, apples and fresh pepper.  I like this instead of your traditional salad on occasion.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to this forum and am on Day 4 of my first Whole30.  My question is about Tessemae's dressings.  I keep seeing that they are Whole30 compliant and they even have them on their website as Whole30 compliant, but almost all of them have White Wine in them.  I thought that was a no-no?  Please tell me I am overstudying this as I would really like to order some to bring to work!

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum and am on Day 4 of my first Whole30.  My question is about Tessemae's dressings.  I keep seeing that they are Whole30 compliant and they even have them on their website as Whole30 compliant, but almost all of them have White Wine in them.  I thought that was a no-no?  Please tell me I am overstudying this as I would really like to order some to bring to work!

Thanks

White wine is a no no.

Hmm ... wonder if Tessemae's changed their ingredients recently.  Let me discuss with the other moderators/powers that be and I or another mod will report back.

Hmm ... wonder if Tessemae's changed their ingredients recently.  

I just took a look at their website, and they must have changed the mustard they are using--it's true, most of their dressings contain white wine now. bummer.

Luckily salad dressing is really easy to make  :)

Thanks

I just took a look at their website, and they must have changed the mustard they are using--it's true, most of their dressings contain white wine now. bummer.

Luckily salad dressing is really easy to make  :)

Per the Whole30 team, having white wine in the Tessemae's dressing is brand new info to them. As a result, they are talking with the Tessemae's folks - will keep you posted.

Hey, all! Here's what Tessemae's owner said when I asked him about the ingredient list:

"I just got to the bottom of this. We are adding items and updating descriptions to our site. Our person doing it grabbed the ingredient list from a sample mustard we were testing out in the R&D room and put it on every description! Ahhhh! We are changing it as we speak. Thank you so much for pointing it out. Who knows how many people saw that. Ugh!"

The website has since been corrected. I'm confident that their dressing recipes have not changed, and that they remain Whole30 compliant. Note, however, that not EVERY dressing fits the bill--for example, there is one that is soy-based that is out for the 30 days. Keep reading your labels!

Best,

Melissa

• 1 year later...

Archived