Day 29 Depression

So, today is Day 29. The past week has been the hardest yet. I have been irritable, moody & my cravings & desire for non-compliant foods has been very high. My willpower has been stronger than the cravings, barely. However, my big issue is that for the past 2 days I wake up very depressed & full of anxiety. I am a very positive person. I haven't felt feelings of worthlessness or depression like this in at least a decade! I go to sleep meditating, positive & feeling good, then wake up feeling worthless, depressed & full of anxiety. It goes away after I'm up for awhile, but, ugh! I know it's due to the Whole30, but why?? It's almost like my timeline is reversed from the published one. I felt great in the first couple of weeks & awful now.

Is it possible that you could have been wa-aa-y behind the timeline?  Somewhere in the middle of my first whole 30 I noticed I was 10 - 15 days behind the timeline.  My solution?  Was just to add more days.  Either that or finish your whole 30 and maybe do another one soon?

I think I had 1 whole 30 that I became depressed close to end as well. It lasted a few days but it did pass. 

My guess - you really need starchy veg right now - like at every meal. Give it a try. I had the same problem during my first Whole30 right at the very end. I was so down and negative that my boyfriend was a bit freaked out by it (totally unlike me). Then I had a lot of squash and sweet potato with my meals - and I felt like a different woman.

Archived