Starting May 1st!

SWliz

Hi there!  My name is Liz and I am 31, a mom to two beautiful girls that are 7 and 9, am a full time student (starting graduate school in the fall) and am getting married at the end of July.  My fitness/health journey began on Jan. 1 2013.  At the time I was 210 lbs (I am 5'4") and wasn't working out or eating healthy.  I decided to start taking kickboxing classes.  It was mortifying at first.  I was by far the youngest person there and also the heaviest and most out of shape.  It was embarrassing but I was determined not to give up, I was sick of feeling ashamed of myself and I wanted to do something about it.  I did an hour of kickboxing 3 times a week for 6 months.  After that I had lost quite a bit of weight and decided I was at the point where I could work out on my own.  I joined myfitnesspal and started logging my food and started the Insanity workout program.  After I was done with Insanity I did the p90x program and then after that have been alternating between strength training, walking, T25 and p90x3.  At this point I am in good shape but have slacked a lot on my diet.  I realized I wasn't going to get to where I wanted to be without cleaning up my eating.  A week ago I cut out alcohol, processed carbs and am slowing weaning off sugar.  I have been eating a ton of fresh fruits and veggies and lean protein.  I am planning on starting the whole30 program on May 1st.  Right now I am 155 lbs and my goal is to get to 120 lbs.  I am going to just focus on becoming as healthy as I can and sticking to clean eating and working out and hopefully the rest of the weight will fall off.  Excited to be here!!! :)

Hey Liz, I read these things all the time and for some reason yours jumped out at me. I have a similar story of weight lose over the years and I am finally taking it to the end this year also. I'm at 148 and would like to be 130-135. I've done 3 Whole 30's last year and finished a Whole 60 March 2nd. I have an awful time staying on a balanced eating plan unless I'm on this so I keep going back to it. When I read your post I thought about jumping back on with you. Would you consider being accountability partners? You sound really busy so not sure that fits in to your day but even if we checked in every couple days. I probably won't start until May 5th though because the 4th is my birthday. I want cake :)). I am starting a 20 week half ironman training program next week and I need an eating plan so I can finally get this body where I want it!! I have lots of tips and things that can help if needed even if you can't commit, don't be afraid to ask!! Best of luck and let me know if you are interested! Btw - LOVE P90X!

Dawn

Hi Liz, 

I am also a graduate student like you and I am on a weight loss journey. Even though I am in pretty good shape and I like most parts of my body, I still want to improve some things. I have done a really good job of working out but my eating habits suck. I want to start in May as well. I started doing paleo but I noticed there some things I was doing wrong so I want to reset my 30 days.More than happy to join with you on the 30 days!

Archived