Starting May 1st!

Cinnaberry74

Hello!  My name is Kariann, and I'm stay at home mom to 3 children.  I'm an avid foodie.... I cook and bake to my heart's content, using my family as lab rats.  We are organic, non-GMO.  I'm currently paleo (for the most part, I still eat rice and quinoa), and I love the rewards of whole cooking.  I run a cooking page on Facebook to share my recipes and triumphs. 

My reason for going Whole30 is the host of issues I've been having.  I am allergic to nightshades, and also seem to have an unconfirmed autoimmune disorder, being an allergy to my progesterone. My allergies get worse by the month.  I suffer from migraines also.  My symptoms have decreased since going paleo, but I'd like to see some better results.  I'm lactose intolerant, but I can tolerate raw dairy (I love raw kefir and cheddar cheese!).  Losing some more weight would be ideal too, as having 3 pregnancies has wreaked some havoc on my metabolism. 

My hubby is skeptic about this challenge, but I'm hoping that he'll jump on board some time,  I'll also be doing this in conjunction with the Bikini Body Mommy 90 day fitness challenge.  Wish me luck!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Kariann, here also a stay at home mom. I see you also have small children. How do you plan the workouts? I would also love to start a routine, but the only time both of my boys are sleeping every day is late in the night and that is not a time for me to do sports. Any tips?

And good luck of course ;)

Hi Kariann, I am a 5th grade teacher who is also starting the Whole30 on May 1st as well! My husband has a whole host of food issues due to allergies and chronic pancreatitis. I just love junk food, dislike cooking, and have an aversion to exercise... Yeah, really healthy... However, I want to be healthy and feed my little family healthy food. I would love to follow your FB page. I am so out of ideas for such a restricted diet. Any ideas you could share would be most welcomed!

Good luck!

Hi Team - I'm an NC working mom of 3. My husband and I will be starting whole30 May 1st. Neither one of us have any food allergies nor do we exercise(eeek). I have a host of health issues all minor at this point - seasonal allergies, sinus problems, migrain, join pain, arthritis like symptoms. My family background is riddled with pancreatic cancer.

I have been wanting to eliminate processed/bad food, but I could not put a structure/guideline around what bad vs. healthy myself. Then I started reading about the Paleo lifestyle and I was fascinated. I have started eating almost paleo style( I have not attempted to obtain grass fed meat or organic produce) for about a month now. Then I discovered Whole30 and I'm so eager to start this!

Hey Kariann, here also a stay at home mom. I see you also have small children. How do you plan the workouts? I would also love to start a routine, but the only time both of my boys are sleeping every day is late in the night and that is not a time for me to do sports. Any tips?

And good luck of course ;)

Hi!  I'm so sorry that I didn't get any notifications on here!  I guess I should click "Follow topic"?  Ooopsie!!!

Yes, I've been a SAHM for 3 years now.  I have an 8, 6, and 3 year old!  I usually work out when my boys are at school (my 3 year old stays home with me).  The Bikini Body Mommy Challenge is less than 30 minutes and can be done at anytime! 

Good luck to you, too!  Where are you on Whole30? 

http://bikinibodymommy.com/

Hi Kariann, I am a 5th grade teacher who is also starting the Whole30 on May 1st as well! My husband has a whole host of food issues due to allergies and chronic pancreatitis. I just love junk food, dislike cooking, and have an aversion to exercise... Yeah, really healthy... However, I want to be healthy and feed my little family healthy food. I would love to follow your FB page. I am so out of ideas for such a restricted diet. Any ideas you could share would be most welcomed!

Good luck!

My page is https://www.facebook.com/CrunchyKitchenMama

I need to change to URL, as I changed the name to Real Food for Real Families.  I wish you lots of luck, too!  May 1st is going to be a great day! :)

Hi Team - I'm an NC working mom of 3. My husband and I will be starting whole30 May 1st. Neither one of us have any food allergies nor do we exercise(eeek). I have a host of health issues all minor at this point - seasonal allergies, sinus problems, migrain, join pain, arthritis like symptoms. My family background is riddled with pancreatic cancer.

I have been wanting to eliminate processed/bad food, but I could not put a structure/guideline around what bad vs. healthy myself. Then I started reading about the Paleo lifestyle and I was fascinated. I have started eating almost paleo style( I have not attempted to obtain grass fed meat or organic produce) for about a month now. Then I discovered Whole30 and I'm so eager to start this!

I'm sooooooo excited for this, too!  My friends and family think I'm nuts, but it's not very far from how I eat now (well, except for "paleotizing" my recipes that are not compliant to Whole 30...lol).  I love paleo, but not structured on it.  I love rice, quinoa, gluten free pasta, etc But now I'm breaking out to the allergy in some gluten free stuff that has potato flour/starch in it).  I do my best to feed my family the same that I eat, however I've got a picky eater, a semi-picky eater, and one who eats everything.  My oldest (8) has ADHD and I would love to get him on this program, but finding things that he'd like is hard.  My husband reacts to foods, especially gluten, and I'd like for him to get on this as well (he's the one who will eat what I make at home and then go out to eat a giant burger or pizza...lol). I really wanted to go back to real foods now that we are getting older and both sides of our family has a history of cancer also :(

I can't wait to start this, but chose May 1st to get over Easter first....lol. 

I'm a SAHM of 3 too & starting my whole 30 4/30 for the second time. Honestly going Paleo (Whole 30 style) has gotten my 10 year old off her ADHD meds. She has caffeine in the morning and that is enough. To make that even better she started taking potato starch twice a day and now even after "cheat" days (typically allowed once a week) she shows no difference from days where sugar / wheat are not part of the meal. It's AMAZING!!!

I also homeschool so I would know of her work as suffering at all. ;)

Oh, I didn't see that you can get notifications... newbie here  :P

I am on day 3 of my whole30. My boys are 21 months and 3 months, so they don't go to school yet...Thanks for the link, I will check it out! I think I will try to get some workout into my daily rhythm in the morning, but I don't think I can do it every day. (or maybe I should just start and not worry about being able to do it every day or not ;) )

Good luck to everyone, too! I ran out of half and half for my coffee on Monday, so I didn't buy anymore. I tried it with coconut milk and I thought it was yucky (although I have made nondairy creamers with coconut and almond milk before, but it had raw honey in it). I skipped my usual 2 other small cups of coffee yesterday, and ended up with a huge headache. Lol. I drank black tea with lemon this morning instead. That was the only "prep" I've done for Thursday. Breakfast was as usual for me, paleo and now Whole30 compliant. I'm allergic to nightshades, so sweet potatoes have been friend for a while :). Since I run the cooking page on Facebook, I've also started a blog on Wordpress. In my spare time, I raise my 3 kids...lol.

We can do this!!!!

post-43692-0-87183600-1398789830_thumb.p

I'm also starting on May 1st...my very first time!

I'm hoping to build a better relationship with food. I've always been an emotional eater. Over the past year I have gotten better but there is always room for improvement. Overall, I'm wanting to see an improvement with energy levels, skin clarity, dominating my workouts, and killing that damn sugar craving!

Good luck to all!

Hi there!!! I'm starting may first as well.... kinda nervous. I'm hoping that most of what I cook during these 30 days my husband will eat. He's anti healthy. I just had a 9pound baby boy in january and I also have a daughter who will be 2 in june :/ I let myself have anything I wanted during pregnancy (I loved the I'm pregnant and craving.... excuse) so for about a month and a half I've really stuck to eating cleaner and focusing my attention on better foods. Candy is my weakness... I still cheat sometimes. But these 30 days I'm determined.. scared and nervous for sure but I know I can do this. Luckily my roommate has committed to doing this with me

I'm also hoping to work on my relationship with food, lots of emotional eating for a very long time. I was diagnosed with diabetes almost 2 years ago, I'm hoping that the Whole30 will help lower my blood sugars and stabilise them so I don't need to go on medication, and that my husband and I can have children... It's a powerful motivator, that's for sure. I haven't told my 10yr old daughter that we are doing this, I'm hoping she won't notice it, she loved cauliflower rice. My husband is a chef and not home much, he usually eats at work, so don't have to worry too much about him, just feed him on his days off, he is usually happy with whatever I cook anyway as long as he doesn't need to cook!

KariannB:

Have you started your 90 day challenge? I just finished day two (and am aching all over) but I'm worried about my carb intake not being sufficient for the workouts. Granted, I am not able to eat sweet potatoes in any decent quantity because I get very bloated & uncomfortable. I also nurse 2 kids throughout the day. I start my whole30 tomorrow & I'm nervous about this!

HI Kariann and every one else too!

I'm starting May 1st also. I'm a 50-yo widowed mom to 1 daughter still at home and I have a son who is grown with his own family now. I work from home 5 days a week and in my office on site 1 day a week and I'm always running around for my daughter's sports (3-season athlete). We don't eat hardly any processed foods but I want to get away from dairy and gluten because one or both is bothering me - not sure which yet! I also hate to exercise and I really need to get on track with that. I don't have many health issues thankfully - some aches and pains and seasonal allergies but that's about it thankfully! However, I have a strong family history for heart disease and several types of cancer.

I'm starting (very first time) tomorrow as well! I am an emotional eater....hoping that this next 30 days will rid me of that habit! I have been eating pretty well (clean/paleo) for the past year, but definitely think this will be a challenge! I am going to miss my glass of wine after work  <_<

Are there any experienced Whole30-ers here? Any suggestions for being successful on this? 

I began today as well.  I am also an emotional eater who loves her wine and cheese. Have been doing gluten free (mostly) for about a year now.  But I have my slips here and there. I am so excited for this adventure.... Praying I can maintain it!

Hi everyone!  I'm Allie and I kind of started 3 days ago, but there were a few things I was off on like snacking and chewing gum so we'll go with today for my official start date!  :)  I am a massage therapist and a holistic health coach, but sometimes the coach needs the coaching.  I have battled (and temporarily overcome) emotional eating and sugar addiction for a long time.  A couple months ago I let myself slip back into some of my old bad habits, so I'm doing the Whole30 to help reset my system.  I also love the psychological aspect that they include.  I think that will be tough but really beneficial.  I've eaten this way many times, but never with NO sweeteners of any kind.  I usually at least make some almond meal cookies with xylitol or stevia.  Just helping to break that dependence on desserts again is what I'm hoping for most, and to lose the lbs of mostly inflammation I'm sure that I've gotten around my gut the last month.  The best is yet to come!!

I'm starting Whole30 today and I'm a little nervous, but very excited as well! I'm excited to see the results after 30 days. I exercise 3 days a week and feel like I have plateaued; plus I feel like I always have belly bloat!! I'm thankful to have this forum and the encouragement from others to help me on this journey! Let's do this!!

I'm excited to be starting my second Whole30. I did my first one In March and loved it. I saw great rewards. I had every intention of keeping it going after giving myself a week off. A week turned into a month and now I need to get back in control! I'm a 35 year old Registered Nurse who knows the importance of eating a healthy diet, but that doesn't mean it's always easy to do. I look forward to embarking on this journey with all of you. Good luck to all!

Archived