Starting May 1st!

Cinnaberry74

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all... It has been busy but 100% compliant.  Day 16 is a good day.  I also am tired but I have not been properly sleeping but I feel great. I am in the happy zone and I am doing pretty well.  I have been less organized this W30 but I am relying on my previous experiences to get through days hen my planning is poor.  Keep with it all.  The lessons learned are well worth it!

Cheers

DJ

Day 16 done!  I walked into a Starbuck's today and didn't feel compelled to order ANYTHING!!!  Awesome!  I also spent some of my grocery shopping time buying compliant snacks for our upcoming trip to Disneyland. 

I made a bombdiggity dinner tonight.  I love this! 

Great job everyone, and keep up the good work!

Day 17 in the books. Still compliant and proud of us!!

Lots of stuff going on at work and home. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for my husband(he may win/lose an election), I hope we work through that. Really worried about tomorrow.

Good job everyone.  I'm hanging in there, too.  It feels good to be eating healthy again.  (Though my assistant was complaining last night about how strongly her body responds now when she does cheat on her diet.  I feel the same way - when I have strayed even a tiny bit, my body complains terribly.)

Day 17 in the books. Still compliant and proud of us!!

Lots of stuff going on at work and home. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for my husband(he may win/lose an election), I hope we work through that. Really worried about tomorrow.

Good luck!!! :D

Well it is day 20... I am focused and doing well.  I have not jumped on the scale (of course) but I feel lighter????

I am feeling pretty good these days and it always amazes me how truly good I feel on the W30 protocol.  I am also amazed by the fact that Post-W30, I always have troubles with eating complaint and losing this great feeling.  How come it is so difficult to rationalize good, present and long term health decisions against the instant gratification (and post-eating hardships) from eating poor quality (but sugary foods)!!!

I am about to approach a train wreck.  I don't know how it will turn out but I am going to try my best.  I am away starting the 26th of May and returning the 30th of May at a Great Lakes Science conference in Hamilton.  I am travelling with a co-worker that will have the fleet vehicle so I will be living in a hotel for 4 nights and 5 days without a vehicle to shop.  The event includes catered lunches and a big banquet dinner that I know the food will be non-W30.  I will do my best and bring what I can to keep on track. 

I am kicking it with my Squat Challenge though.  I just completed 160 squats yesterday and the legs are feeling good and strong!

This post reads pretty negative but I assure you I am really positive and loving all things W30 right now. 

Cheers

DJ

Well, my husband lost the election with a lot of drama. But I'm sooo proud of him, he is still compliant through all that stress.

Life has been uber chaotic with me working about 24 hours this weekend, interrupted sleep and long M-T hours again(today has been 12 hr and counting). I have not had a chance to shop or cook properly. Husband finds stuff to eat for meal2(scary) and I cook 2 meals, M1 and M3. I have been practicing "Intermittent Fasting" when I do not have access to W30 compliant food.

I cannot wait for things to get back to normal! On a good note, we found a farm near us that will sell us grass-fed beef and free-range eggs!  :D We are going tomorrow to check it out! Forgot to mention both of us compliant as heck so far!!!

Day 20 sucks!! So close to the prize, and I've got PMS. I almost gave up today :(. I forced my self through my workout even. Feeling a bit better tonight, but I'm sure I'll have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head in my dreams!

Well it is day 20... I am focused and doing well.  I have not jumped on the scale (of course) but I feel lighter????

I am feeling pretty good these days and it always amazes me how truly good I feel on the W30 protocol.  I am also amazed by the fact that Post-W30, I always have troubles with eating complaint and losing this great feeling.  How come it is so difficult to rationalize good, present and long term health decisions against the instant gratification (and post-eating hardships) from eating poor quality (but sugary foods)!!!

I am about to approach a train wreck.  I don't know how it will turn out but I am going to try my best.  I am away starting the 26th of May and returning the 30th of May at a Great Lakes Science conference in Hamilton.  I am travelling with a co-worker that will have the fleet vehicle so I will be living in a hotel for 4 nights and 5 days without a vehicle to shop.  The event includes catered lunches and a big banquet dinner that I know the food will be non-W30.  I will do my best and bring what I can to keep on track. 

I am kicking it with my Squat Challenge though.  I just completed 160 squats yesterday and the legs are feeling good and strong!

This post reads pretty negative but I assure you I am really positive and loving all things W30 right now. 

Cheers

DJ

I'm going to Disneyland over the Memorial Day weekend. I feel you on the struggle over the eating! Part of me says to give in and restart my 30 days... but another says that I can get through this.

Best of luck to both of us!

Today is my birthday, I turned 38. I swear I see wrinkles smoothing out. We are celebrating it with watermelon instead of cake. Man, are we serious about this (whole30)!

The best thing about living in the woods is that we have(access to) a farm 2-3 miles from my house with grass fed cows and pastured(meat) and free range chicken(eggs). 

I'm definitely lighter and is fitting into shorts that I thought were too tight before. I'm sleeping more in quantity and quality. Like Melissa said in her book, I sleep the sleep of the righteous.

Hubby and I may be starting weight training next month, we have a weight machine downstairs unused. Day 22 done, we may do it for 50 days instead of 30. Good night !!

Day 24 and I blundered.... Had a grass fed hamburger but on the last bite I dipped it in ketchup :( it was an honest mistake.... Do I start again?

"official" answer on the program is tough love but I am personally more forgiving.  It is a personal choice.  If you are the type of person that will see this as a "cheat" that may lead to future deviations... then I say restart.  If you are perfectly capable of seeing this as a slip up and moving on intent to comply for the remainder... then I say continue. 

I am a stickler for the rules with my own W30 and I might have an issue with an asterix beside my W30.  However, I have told others on many ocasions to not sweat the small stuff. 

Cheers

DJ

I am doing well.  I am big right now on steak and if I could, I would have steak three times a day (but I don't).  I bought some steak, chicken and pork to do a big cook off tomorrow and package up for my week on the road (Great Lakes Conference).  I have been experimenting with spices and rubs this W30 and I have found a winner...

I put some grainy mustard (make sure W30 compliant) together with Ms. Dash, Chilli Seasoning (check for MSG / sugar) and powdered garlic).  I put this in a zip-lock and rub into whatever meat I am cooking.  It is great on steak, chicken thighs and pork chops. 

Hope you are all doing well and following your W30 commitments!

Cheers

DJ

Depends on what was noncompliant about the ketchup.  I think if it was just sugar, then it is not a re-start.  If it was something that caused GI inflammation, then they would say restart, because they say you need 30 days to calm the inflamed bowel in immune disease.

I bombed at day 25.  We have been in Disneyland and I got whatever I could that would be compliant, but I don't trust it.  I ate my snacks and fruit for breakfast with a black Starbuck's coffee, had sliced roast beef for lunch with sauteed mushrooms and pickled carrots, and for dinner had grilled chicken with steamed veggies.  It was 10 PM and we were hungry, so I took the chance and got that. It was VERY good, barring that the seasoning had sugar in the citrus au jus (I tried to take all the skin off, but it was melded into the veggies as well).  I couldn't ask for anything special because the food is already all prepared.  However, I was able to get double veggies (they were green beans and carrots, so I ate the carrots) instead of the smashed red skin potatoes (which looked divine, but it also doesn't help that I'm allergic to nightshades anyways....lol.  I already had a reaction to some fresh cherries!). 

Long story short, foods weren't cooked in compliant oils and had traces of sugar.  Yesterday morning, I had a fruit only Jamba Juice smoothie, steak and eggs from IHOP,  nuts and raisins for dinner.  It was a long 7 hours drive home :-/. Today I plan on making a batch of paleo waffles and pancakes to freeze for my kids (I had to buy them boxed stuff while on Whole30 because I couldn't taste anything I made them).  Now that we are home, I feel so good to go back to my "normal food". I'm drooling already over the balsamic beef I'm making for dinner tonight. 

I'll be restarting at a later date!

I bombed at day 25.  We have been in Disneyland and I got whatever I could that would be compliant, but I don't trust it.  I ate my snacks and fruit for breakfast with a black Starbuck's coffee, had sliced roast beef for lunch with sauteed mushrooms and pickled carrots, and for dinner had grilled chicken with steamed veggies.  It was 10 PM and we were hungry, so I took the chance and got that. It was VERY good, barring that the seasoning had sugar in the citrus au jus (I tried to take all the skin off, but it was melded into the veggies as well).  I couldn't ask for anything special because the food is already all prepared.  However, I was able to get double veggies (they were green beans and carrots, so I ate the carrots) instead of the smashed red skin potatoes (which looked divine, but it also doesn't help that I'm allergic to nightshades anyways....lol.  I already had a reaction to some fresh cherries!). 

Long story short, foods weren't cooked in compliant oils and had traces of sugar.  Yesterday morning, I had a fruit only Jamba Juice smoothie, steak and eggs from IHOP,  nuts and raisins for dinner.  It was a long 7 hours drive home :-/. Today I plan on making a batch of paleo waffles and pancakes to freeze for my kids (I had to buy them boxed stuff while on Whole30 because I couldn't taste anything I made them).  Now that we are home, I feel so good to go back to my "normal food". I'm drooling already over the balsamic beef I'm making for dinner tonight. 

I'll be restarting at a later date!

I wouldn't call this a bomb at all. You did better than many would given the circumstances. Dust yourself off and get back to it as soon as you can. You had 25 great days and I think it will make your next attempt that much easier.

Thank you :) .  I feel disappointed, but I couldn't not eat.  I'm breastfeeding, and it was a hot, busy, and tiring day.  I probably would've passed out!  I did all this planning before our trip to stay compliant, but you don't know what you get until you get there.  I tasted my son's ice cream after all this, and I did not find it appealing at all.  It was great to feel that way!  It didn't set off a sugar craving (which was good, because I'm lactose intolerant anyways, and ice cream would've been the end of me...lol). 

I'm so happy to be eating my apples with almond butter at home now.  Even my hubby hasn't gone all out since this weekend.  He was dismayed at breaking the Whole30 also.  Even though he wanted funnel cake at the park and tried asking me if I wanted some, we didn't get it!  My stomach turned just thinking about it.  And we ALWAYS get it when we go!  It's like a Disneyland tradition for us...lol.

Hey all... The final day of the W30.   I am interested to hop on the scale tomorrow and see what is brewing but I am continuing on another W30 for the month of June.  I am feeling good, have no real desires to go back to Sugar, Bread or Dairy.

Tomorrow is also my Birthday (43) but no cake or celebration.  My son is away at camp.  My daughter (9) and wife decided that they are going with me to our local farmers market and we are going to get ingredients for a paleo birthday meal.  It should be fun and interesting because I do most (like 90%) of the cooking in our house.

I am finishing my squat challenge this weekend with 250 squats on my last day (ouch) but I have enjoyed it.  I think I am doing a push-up 30-day challenge next month.

I survived on my 4 days on the road.  I took a big soft side cooler with steak, chicken thighs and pork chops all pre-BBQed, plus nuts, fruit and three bags of salad.  I ate on plan.  We had one catered lunch but I got the gluten free option (at the fish and broccoli, skipped the rice) and I skipped the BBQ dinner because I knew there were not going to be any compliant options.  Sometimes on the road, I feel the most deprived (when others are eating catered deserts and cheese-baked pasta) but this time I just felt 100% in control and empowered.

Hopefully, I will find time tomorrow (maybe Sunday) for a 30 day update here with my 30 day thoughts and results. 

Enjoy day 30!!!

Cheers

DJ

Well... I did pretty good on the May W30.  I lost 12.4 Lbs in 30 days.  I ate on plan for the entire time (including lots of days on the road).  My B-day was Saturday and I could have used it as an exuse to eat crap on day 31.  Instead, I ate really well (W30) and enjoyed it.

Doing another 30 or so days... Feeling good!

Cheers

DJ

That's awesome, DJ!  I'm on my restart (day 3),  The week I had "off" was okay.  I was paleo for the most part (Ethiopian was not paleo with the injera...lol).  I reeled from the gluten, and had to eat the rest of my foods with a fork.  Luckily for me, majority of the foods are compliant, so I can go back in this month :).  My husband chose not to restart.

Here's to another great 30! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Team!

It has been a while....Great to see some of us are staying in touch. Good job DJ! It is tough when you are traveling. Good luck KariannB !!

I'm doing another 30 days, but not as strict. For instance I'm not eating strictly 3 times a day and I have re-introduced cheese(only brie at this point) and scale O.o. I'm at 120.5(started at 130), my husband lost 17 lbs from 228. We are continuing to lose weight and feeling great. Our only complaint is charlie horse, both of us. We are eating cashews(Mg) and Banana(K). We are suspecting Calcium and/or Water. So we will be increasing green leafy veggies(hubby has not embraced Brie) and water. I found a farm 2 miles from my house, now we are eating grass fed beef, pastured chicken and free range eggs. No luck on STPP free pork. Found some Whole 30 compliant Spaghetti sauce at Aldis and Wild Caught Salmon that do not have STPP! 

Good luck team and talk to you soon!

Archived