Losing interest in food + rapid weight loss

Day 19 here.  (Holy crap, I'm so close!)  I've started to go off food lately.  I'll make myself a template-friendly (and quite tasty by my normal palate) meal, but get full (enough) and lose interest before I'm halfway done.  This might be the food boredom the website warns about, but these are meals I usually love, Whole30 or no.  (E.g., steak and eggs with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, and peppers.  Yum, right?)  As a result, I've lost noticeable weight (close to 10lbs by my estimate; pants that muffin topped 2 weeks ago now need a belt) and I wasn't overweight to begin with.  (I've always hung out smack dab in the middle of the "healthy" BMI range, whether I eat well or poorly.)

I could find a few new, exciting recipes, but I don't have time to cook "exciting" food for all 3 meals.  If I make a big batch of exciting food, I know I'll get bored of that within a couple meals too.

I don't want to keep dropping weight so quickly, because I know I'll just put it back on as soon as I reintroduce anything that makes me not so %$@# bored.

What do you recommend?  Force myself to finish the meal, even when I'm satiated?  (I really hate doing that.)  Suck it up and *make* time to cook obscure and delicious meals?  (I did just pick up some garam masala and a weird spice I'd never heard of, so that's a step in the right direction.)  Suck it up, eat what I can tolerate, and make peace with the inevitable yo-yo?  Quit whining because it's really hard for a lot of people to lose weight so I should just be grateful?

Advice welcome!

If you want to maintain where you are, check out this article: http://www.whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

For the situation where you don't feel like eating one of your 3 meals, Bethany, one of our other moderators (username Physibeth), frequently recommends eating as much as you can, moving your way around the plate (so you get some each of protein, veg and fat), until you're full. Save the remainder for a mini-meal later, when you are hungry.

If introducing entire new meals feels overwhelming, do what you're doing: try a new spice, introduce a vegetable you haven't had in a while. See what fresh fish/seafood is available at a local market. 

I've been experiencing the same thing the past couple of days (I'm on Day 18), though not as bad. I do sometimes feel full midway through a meal, even though it's no larger than previous meals  -- which is frustrating since I'd been inhaling my food previously. I've either powered through (the injunction to finish one's meal is strong), or paused and went back to it after a while and nibbled away until I cleaned my plate. I've been thinking that maybe my intake really should be lower (my body type is slim), but in light of Robin's comment above, I'm going to trust this is a re-adjustment phase and see if anything changes in the coming days.

Okay, phase over. Now I'm underestimating what will fill me up and end up not eating enough. I get hungry 2 or 3 hours after a meal (even had to snack last night to tide me over). More course corrections required...

I went through this a week or so ago, I varied my eating a bit more an upped my carbohydrate and now I'm fine. Eating more fruit/starch stimulates my appetite and makes me able to eat my meat as well. I thought we were supposed to be eating low carb for this but I'm not trying to lose weight and am breastfeeding so that was a bad idea!

Archived