April 21st

BeckyDunn

Just looked at that webside amy_st.  It has great information.  That is EXACTLY what I have been trying to find.  I just want to figure out what I can cook/stock in large portions and pull out of the fridge in a pinch!  That is VERY helpful!

BeckyDunn, I hope you're starting to feel better/lose the "hangover"! I had a slight headache on day 2 but today was okay :) We went to a friend's house for dinner and they were super sweet and made a meal that was totally whole 30 compliant! Delicious too! Chicken, tomatoes, shallots and green olives. Yummy! 

Plus... at work today we had an after school meeting (I'm a teacher) and there were sweets galore. I totally passed them all up and happily sipped my tea :) 

Good luck tomorrow everyone! 

Going out to dinner tonight, don't know where yet.  Luckily going with a friend who is sober, so no temptation for a glass of wine.  I went to the farmers market yesterday and bought fresh eggs.  Looking forward to making my breakfast and seeing if I can taste the difference from store-bought!

I started on Monday too....does any feel really tired? I am getting about 7 hrs of sleep a night, but I am feeling soooo tired. My eyes just feel so heavy...I am guessing it may be withdrawals, hope that is all it is. Starting day 4...good luck everyone!!!

clover0924 - I'm tired, too, but I may just not be sleeping enough.  Stayed up a little too late last night cooking. 

I'm finding the prep work rather time consuming, especially with my husband doing the Whole30, too.  He eats twice as much as I do so even when it seems like I'm making a lot, it goes quickly!  Just read the Week1 Meal plan (Thank you, amy_st!) so I'm planning to prepare better for Week 2.

Clover I felt really tired, "hungovery" yesterday.  It was more of a brain tired than a body tired if that makes sense.  I do have to say that I feel really good today!!!  Its day 4, but no crankiness.  I woke up feeling very refreshed and it has continued throughout the day.  I am hoping this lasts!!!  I was starting to worry yesterday because I had such a headache and just felt yucky, but I am loving today! 

Jmm331, I agree about the prep work and I am so thankful for that website by amy_st it will help me prepare so much better this week.  I have already printed off a bunch of stuff to take to the grocery store with me this weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well....we are DOING IT!!

clover0924, I am definitely feeling more tired than usual. I have fallen asleep at my desk (for like 5 minutes) every day this week. It's making me get to bed earlier though, so I guess that's good.

I'm glad you guys found the meal plan helpful! I definitely prefer cooking up a bunch of food on the weekend and then having less work to do during the week. Last night I had leftovers of her pad thai recipe with some extra broccoli thrown in. I popped it in the microwave and was done. It's nice to have those quick options when standing in front of the stove is the last thing I want to do when I get home. 

Jmm331, I can't even imagine how much food it takes to feed you and your husband. I'm just cooking for one and it seemed like the amount of food in my fridge was absurd. But I'm steadily eating it all up so I guess it's the right amount. :)

How is everyone doing???  I could not get to sleep last night because I had so much energy.  However, it may just be that it is more natural for me to go to bed a little later.  I am so used to crashing and falling into bed no later than 8-8:30.  When I woke up this morning I still felt well rested and good.   I have tons of energy and feel refreshed.  I hope this continues.  I plan to bring my normal exercise routine back into my schedule next week since I seem to be at a stable place with the diet now.  We'll see how that goes.  Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hi there, everyone!

I started on the 22nd, so I'm on Day 4 and just a day behind a lot of you.  I've been shocked at how good I've felt this week...I keep worrying that the hangover and "kill all the things" feelings I've read about will hit me soon and hard!

I do think I planned out my meals a little *too* much this week - had the same thing for Meal 1 the past four mornings, had the same salad for Meal 2 for four days in a row and ate very close variations of the same Meal 3 for all four nights.  This weekend, I'm planning to just cook a few different kinds of meat, prep a bunch of veggies and then make some homemade mayo and sunshine sauce.  I'm definitely looking forward to more variety this next week!

Happy Day 6 to everyone! Almost an entire week done!

I've been kind of tired all week even though I've been getting more sleep than usual. I guess all I can do is get as much sleep as possible and wait for the extra energy to kick in. I usually sleep pretty soundly, but I sometimes have problems with muscle cramps/spasms in my calves that wake me up in the middle of the night. I tried the Naturally Calm supplement that Melissa & Dallas recommend and it seems to work! I didn't take it one night this week and I woke up twice with a muscle spasm. So I'm going to keep taking it and see if it keeps working.

I have to work a long shift today at work but I planned ahead and brought lunch and dinner with me. I'm actually enjoying figuring out what to make for meals using the different food I have available. It's like a delicious puzzle. :)

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Amy_st that is funny. I was just thinking today that I have been really enjoying thinking about what I have on hand to craft my meals!  Sorry to hear about your spasms :(  Hopefully with that suplement you can get rid of them! 

little_dynamite -- I agree....Ever since Day 3 I have had so much energy and felt so amazing and refreshed each day.  Hope it continues!  I have been loving my meals.  I have been eating a lot of seafood.  I bought some bison this morning and we are planning on making burgers (bunless for me) tomorrow..yum!!  I can see how the nut butters can become SWNPO.  I bought some almond butter and had some with some celery at meal 2 yesterday and I find myself trying to convince myself to have it at every meal. 

Day 6 almost done....keep making great choices everyone!!

Archived