Extra meal ok????

jcarbon2

• Moderators

Remember that on days when you are training, you are eating five meals per day. A pre-workout meal and a post-workout meal in addition to three basic meals. I suppose if you were training twice per day, you could eat seven meals per day. The game plan has people who train hard covered. 

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Tom, what about extra meals later in the day on days when I train? For me my pre- and post-WO meals tend to be my breakfast and lunch during the weekend. Especially for longer running days I find I get hungry later in the day.

Example: I eat breakfast, run an hour later. I am done 2-3 hours later and eat lunch then. But then I am starving again two hours later... It is ok to do a mini meal then, right?

• Moderators

I'm sure Tom will have the best answer, what I usually do is eat a POSTWO meal right after running, even if it is right at lunchtime. I eat lean protein like chicken, sardines or eggwhites + sweet potato or beet or butternut squash. For PostWO, when you skip the fat it is ideal for recovery. Then I will eat my lunch either right after that or in another hour.

Archived