It's Official 04/19

31e0a8ts

Well, in an effort to "ease" myself in to this and see how my body might react, I started last night, dipping my toe in to the Whole30 universe with afternoon snack and dinner...

I continued all day and it seemed easy and smooth going…until I started to feel badly this afternoon after some stress hit at work. Achy, drained, tired, weird tongue numbness?! I thought…maybe I should wait to start until __(insert less-threatening date TBD in the future)__ . Because this feels uncomfortable and I don't like it. Plus, I didn't even do a goodbye party for all the foods I'd miss. No "last meal" of whatever I want to eat before 30 days of…THIS.

Then I had another thought. NO. The fact that I feel so badly right now is precisely why I should NOT put it off. There will never be an ideal time. This will never get easier. Who needs a cheat day when everyday I indulge/binge on garbage anyway? I have been punishing myself with unhealthy food, weight gain, shame, gym time, restrictive/compulsive dieting, and then being overly permissive when I give up for like 2 decades. Enough. 

I start tomorrow (again). 

Good for you! You can do this. I think the first week is the hardest. I think it helps to follow the meal planning template and make sure you are eating enough and getting enough water. You should drink 1/2 your weight in oz of water every day.

Good for you for sticking with it!  Sorry you weren't feeling well though.  I didn't feel well my second and third day on W30.  I had a  headache and some mild nausea both days.  It went away though and I'm feeling pretty good now.  I've kept my Whole 30 pretty simple.  I've enjoyed the food.  I was off of sugar before starting though so that  helped me.  I hope things go better on your first official day!  People are good about posting suggestions and the moderators are a big help.  We can do this!!!

Archived