First Whole30 done and very pleased with the way I feel and with body changes

Sparklefiftyseven

30 days without wine.

30 days without weighing myself.

30 days of eating vegetables at EVERY meal.

A whole lot less snacking...

And the results are in:

I've been sleeping better for a while now.

My initial kinda crappy workouts are more consistent and my fitness has definitely improved.

I lost 6 pounds. I'm thrilled with this. I was on the high end of normal but now everything fits the way I want it to. Yay!

I lost almost 2 inches around my waist. Again, I'm thrlled.

I lost almost 1.5 inches around my hips.

Feeling like I have not completely locked in my good habits, I plan to start another one. I have no hankering for Easter treats or booze so I will probably just stay in the groove I am in.

I am on Day 33 and feel much the same as you. I realize this is not a weight loss plan, however, I have a considerable amount to lose. I managed to drop 12 lbs in 30 days, yea! Not sure about inches as I failed to take measurements prior to beginning. My clothes are fitting much better, so I know my body is changing. I sleep like a champ. It's been so long since I woke up feeling rested I'd forgotten how it felt. My plan is to keep doing what I'm doing, move more and hope for the best while feeling great! Good luck to you

Congratulations!

It's so good to read someone has completed their Whole30....and survived! 

Are you going another 30 days or are you going to start adding a few things in? I'm curious because today's Day 29 for me and I'm debating....I've got a lot of weight to lose, but I feel really good--just not good enough to say I'm "there".

Thanks for you thoughts.

I am on Day 33 and feel much the same as you. I realize this is not a weight loss plan, however, I have a considerable amount to lose. I managed to drop 12 lbs in 30 days, yea! Not sure about inches as I failed to take measurements prior to beginning. My clothes are fitting much better, so I know my body is changing. I sleep like a champ. It's been so long since I woke up feeling rested I'd forgotten how it felt. My plan is to keep doing what I'm doing, move more and hope for the best while feeling great! Good luck to you

I'm thankful to read where you are today....Day 30 arrives tomorrow and I'm debating whether to move on. With a lot more weight to lose, I have thoughts to keep going. Congratulations on your weight loss and feeling better--especially sleeping. That's one piece I'm enjoying as well. 

This hit me hard...

...but I feel like I need a little more time to truly own everything. So I am not adding anything back in yet. Plus, I reallly don't miss stuff!

I just posted that I was going to try to add in one food starting tomorrow in my completing my first Whole30 post--but I'm so rethinking it after your words are rolling around in my brain.

Have I "truly owned everything"? I need to let that soak in my brain today and give myself a chance for a reality check.

Thank you!

Hi iteach,

I don't know how long I will go but I feel like another 30 would be good. I've read all the stuff on how this is not a Whole365. But everything also says that it can take longer than 30 days to break old habits and cement in new ones. AND if you don't miss something, don't bother reintroducing it. I had already pretty much eliminated dairy so I don't miss that. For me, the biggies have been wine and grains. But my nondrinking habit is feeling okay with the occasional twinge when a bottle of red is opened. :)

I do feel a little more comfortable eating out and not worrying about exactly how stuff is cooked. But even there, I'm eschewing non W30 foods.

Take care.

Archived