You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Someone makes a comment about canned sardines and you immediately wonder what brand they use (was it packed with olive oil?), and you completely miss the fact that the term 'canned sardines' was a METAPHOR for a crowded situation.

• 3 weeks later...

You have this conversation with your accountability buddy:

Me: I want pizza (from a specific chain)

AB: No you don't! You're doing great!

Me: But it sounds so good!

AB: No, it sounds like a lot of luke-warm fake food delivered to you that will make you feel terrible mentally and physically.

Me: You're right, I'll make bacon instead.

oh my gosh, this thread just made me realize I have no idea when I last even bought a bag of sugar. I also make my 5 and 1/2 year old taste her pasta to see if its done because I don't want to have to try it and  spit it out. 

You're excited when you meet someone in real life who just happens to know what the Whole 30 is! You mean...I don't have to explain EVERYTHING to you? BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE NOW!!!!

...I officially love that girl. Her baby's cute, but she understood Whole 30 (apparently one of the local CF gyms does it as a gym on occasion...) and that wins all in my book!

yes! I started to explain to my NP at work that I was doing a whole 30 and she replied, "oh , so you basically eat Paleo?" Oh, it was so nice...

When they bake actual banana bread with white flour and sugar (because all that fancy nut flour is expensive, dangit) because there is an entire bunch of overripe bananas in the kitchen, it's great-grandma's handwritten recipe with only one substitution (real butter for the shortening, no shortening in this house ever) and everyone in the house LOVES IT...

...and they don't even want any because frankly, the pork chops simmering in the slow cooker with onions, apples, and thyme are going to taste SOOO GOOOD when they get home from ballet class.

Additionally, they have used banana bread as a bribe to get someone else to make the roasted green beans for the side dish

• 3 weeks later...

... they have 10 cans of coconut milk in their shopping cart at TJ's.

LOL!!! I bought 9 at Whole Foods yesterday b/c they were on sale. The cashier actually ASKED ME, "So what do you make with all this coconut milk?"   :lol:

(I said "A lot of creamy soups without dairy, but this will last me a long time, it's not like a week's supply - it's on sale.")

Archived