You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

I met my husband for lunch today.  He chose a barbecue restaurant and I agreed, thinking barbecue meant it would have some sort of compliant grilled meat.  It was all pulled pork with sweetened barbecue sauce, rolls, and all the carbohydrate-laden sides.  I stood there at the cash register, horrified, telling my husband there was nothing I could eat!  The look of horror on my face was classic!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

You get excited out of all proportion to how cool it actually is when you find the PERFECT jar for your home-made mayo.

It was a coconut butter jar that I liked, so I washed it and saved it, then realized it was the perfect size and shape for mayo (straight sides and wide mouth, easy to scrape). I was literally jumping up and down going "OH! OH! IT'S PERFECT!"

-when your 6 year old announces he wants to buy cucumber instead of biscuits

-when the same 6 year old tells a random old lady in the shop that his mama makes the best mayonnaise and ketchup ;)

-when you never seem to have no washing up pile and you dearly wish you had a dishwasher!

-when you wish your fridge had more than just one large veg drawer...

-when you nip out for a couple of things and come back with this:

post-47649-0-42252900-1405618815_thumb.j

... She spends too much time during the day reading the Forums instead of working!  Seriously this is like a sugary sweet treat for me -  I should try to give it up since I'm on Day 7 of my first Whole30.  :lol:

... She spends too much time during the day reading the Forums instead of working!  Seriously this is like a sugary sweet treat for me -  I should try to give it up since I'm on Day 7 of my first Whole30.  :lol:

"reading the Forums"      They are a sweet treat.   I have neighbors who are paying $300.00/month to attend a local diet center.  That's for the encouragement.  Your food is above and way beyond that.  

They have to buy so much of these instant protein drinks, bars, puddings and other garbola.   It's loaded to the gills with artificial sweeteners.   They can drink diet pops,  "arti" lemonades and arti fruit drinks.   You should see what they look like after a year.

Oh, they're thin as rails.   Their hair looks like twigs and their skin ... a dead leaf.   

No thank you.    I've used these blogs and they've catapulted me into the universe of the living and not the walking dead.

This is so awesome. Just read all 14 pages. I'm getting ready to start my first Whole 30 on August 4th, and I feel like I'm joining some kind of exclusive club.

When you're getting ready to start your first Whole 30 and you spend almost every waking moment looking for recipes, reading blogs, and making grocery lists.

When your cart at Amazon.com contains coconut milk, almond flour, coconut aminos, tahini, a new crock pot, and a bunch of new kitchen utensils.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived