You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

• Administrators

True story: I've been trying to explain my gluten intolerance to our ops manager for about a year and a half now. In her brain, this has translated into the idea that I must be a vegetarian. When she ordered pizza for the team, she made sure we had a cheese pizza because she knows I'm "picky."

Haha, this actually happened to me!  A group I was with on a business trip kept looking for vegetarian restaurants because "it would be easier for me".  LOL! In fact a veggie restaurant is one of the hardest places to navigate!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A co-worker and I were speaking yesterday about low Fodmap protocol that I am trying to follow to solve some IBS type symptoms.

Co-worker: If I had to eliminate all the foods that you are I think I would prefer to be dead....

Ummmm..... I have no comment for this....

• Administrators

A co-worker and I were speaking yesterday about low Fodmap protocol that I am trying to follow to solve some IBS type symptoms.

Co-worker: If I had to eliminate all the foods that you are I think I would prefer to be dead....

Wow.......I...uh.......ya, no comment! That is someone who either WAY overvalues food or WAY undervalues their life. Sheesh!

I like your new avatar....you're young and beautiful.  Maybe she's a tad jealous because you look like the picture of health.  I'm sure you smiled but I would've popped off on your behalf....there are hungry people all over this world who would give anything to eat like we do.

I like your new avatar....you're young and beautiful.  Maybe she's a tad jealous because you look like the picture of health.  I'm sure you smiled but I would've popped off on your behalf....there are hungry people all over this world who would give anything to eat like we do.

:wub: Aww thanks Meadow....

Actually my reaction was a little more like :huh:  :blink:  :unsure:

When you use your (non-food related) business license to get a membership at a restaurant supply store for pots, pans, (clean15) frozen vegetables, and bulk spices. Oh, and bulk Cholula, of course.

Haha, this actually happened to me!  A group I was with on a business trip kept looking for vegetarian restaurants because "it would be easier for me".  LOL! In fact a veggie restaurant is one of the hardest places to navigate!

Oof, ya, I knew this intellectually, but just this week I got invited to a vegetarian place and the whole damn menu is frickin' soy & chickpeas!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When your closest relatives tell you that you need to have a weekly splurge so you can let all of the pressure out....then go back to the "old grind" on Sunday.   

My Whole30 splurges look like this with some raisins and toasted coconut on top. That was a hell of a Saturday night!

...when your wonderful free range chickens give you 13 eggs a day and you have no extras to sell. Lol. People are shocked at how many eggs we eat ;) Between meals for the four of us and my husbands obsession with pickled eggs.

- you moisturize your hands with the bit of coconut oil left in the spoon when you're cooking

- your 9 and 4 year olds ask if stuff at the store is "compliant"

- said 9 and 4 year olds know what ghee and coconut aminos are

- the 9 year old spelled out "ghee" to the surprise of his teachers playing boggle at school

- you can't stop smiling because everything you make tastes GREAT and your non-W30 family is eating it too (willingly)

- the grocery store cashier gives you that "smile" because you bought 12 cans of tuna (on sale) and she thinks you're a crazy cat lady

- you start polling your neighbors to see who'll split half a grass fed cow with you to save money on the meat side of your grocery bill

This thread is great! Thanks for all the laughs. I'm only on Day 12 and am at that sorta bored stage so this definitely helped!

heheh I first heard that "cheese & rice" expression in Wyoming, it cracks me up.

That makes me think we need custom expletives and stuff ... like Tron characters talking about "thank the User" etc.

"Corn it!!

heheh I first heard that "cheese & rice" expression in Wyoming, it cracks me up.

That makes me think we need custom expletives and stuff ... like Tron characters talking about "thank the User" etc.

"Corn it!!

"Breadstard!!"

Breakfast is too big for just one plate- you need a bowl too! 

YES!!!! This is me right now! Artichoke/potato soup, homemade hashbrown patty, eggs, maybe a piece of compliant bacon if I can find one...cherry tomatoes...need more plate!

• 2 weeks later...

You raise your eyebrows at other people's ideas of healthy eating. The other day I saw someone on facebook tell someone else "Don't forget to eat your whole grains too! You need them in a healthy diet!" and all I could think was...no one NEEDS grains. My mother also recently urged me to eat more nuts, specifically that I should be eating nuts and dried fruit in the mornings. NOPE. 

Archived