You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• When you wonder about the Burts Bees lip balm you've just put on

• When you're willing to eat whatever protein is in the fridge for breakfast, including pulled pork and chicken burgers

• When you buy a copy of Whole30 for your acupuncturist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You think  you have a mouse and plan to set a trap, but what to put in the trap? The usuals are peanut butter or cheese. One bait site suggests:

bacon, bird seed, oats, butter, chocolate, pet foods, marshmallows, candy, raisins, small chunks of “Slim Jim’s” jerky

That mouse sure as H#LL ain't getting my good butter or bacon!

Don't think the dog will mind helping with the rest of the peanut butter jar. :P Although now thinking about it, the mouse is hanging around the bag of dog food....

You buy a protein pack from Starbucks, giving the raisin muffin to your spouse and the cheese and peanutbutter to your two dogs so you can watch them wash their paws afterwards.

You refuse to go into a mini mart because everything is garbage.

You feel more safe being in the organic section of the grocery store.

Someone asks where you'd like to go for lunch and you pick your favorite grocery store.

You compare fast food to typhoid fever.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You find your favorite brands of light tasting olive oil and extra virgin olive oil on mega sale at the grocery and literally your entire cart is *filled* with oil.

My friend my friend's friend couldn't believe I'd she'd put eight 1.5L bottles of Bertoli oil for my her mayo, and a huge can of California Olive Ranch oil all in my her cart. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2012 at 3:52 PM, megmac said:

When you are on a hugging basis with the farmer that delivers your grass fed organic protein every other week. (The Organic Chef Foods for anyone in Ocala/Tampa/Sarasota! Al Rosas is wonderful!)

@megmac I live in the Tampa area - do you know if they still make deliveries? I looked on the website and cannot tell. Thanks!

When half the weight in your checked luggage is comprised of pop-top tins of tuna and olives, and your hand luggage is filled with dried fruits, nuts, and fried eggs and fish in baggies for the journey. :P

When you shriek with joy at the hotel breakfast bar upon finding boiled beets, sliced cucumber and tomato, hard boiled eggs, and an assortment of cut up fruits every morning!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2017 at 2:29 PM, Crastney said:

when you get snack cravings for fatty things, like nut butter, coconut oil, avocados, olives, etc (instead of sweat things like cake, or doughnuts.)

mmmm almond butter :wub:

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 9:44 PM, sunnytropic said:

When you go to the grocery store before a winter storm and buy more eggs because you "only" have 6 left (8 if you count a couple hard boiled ones)

We had 3 feet of snow from a storm in 2016. DH told me we were fine on eggs so I didn't stock up.  My friends who were not snowed in were treated to a countdown of how many eggs were left as the storm progressed.  (I believe we started with a dozen--really not enough for 3 people...)

Archived