You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They go to a fondue dessert party and dip their fruit in air.

I LOL real hard (which hurt because I'm sore from doing situps!)

You say bread has got so much carbs and sugar, it really could be cake.

You look in other people's cart at grocery store and get depressed from all the non-fat crap.

You can't help but debate with believers of the non-fat theory.

You can't help but laugh or feel disgusted by reading ingredients of fake vegan meat.

You point out to your pharmacist that Omega 3-6-9 should not be sold and go on about the importance of omega3 to omega 6 ratio.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

. . . quickly avert their eyes and change web pages when they accidentally stumble upon paleo dessert recipes.

. . . get excited and too chatty when they see a fellow grocery shopper with grass fed beef and coconut oil in his or her basket.

. . . develop a thick skin to righteously indignant vegans and vegetarians. Thinks to themselves, "I wish them well, but just wait until they see my new bod and energy."

... When you tell your friends you eat fat in order to lose it. And then have to tell them again when they don't believe it.

... When you internally judge everyone around you in the grocery store with boxes and boxes of cereal, gallons of milk, 'healthy' cookies & frozen dinners, bread, soda, etc., internally noting why each one is bad for them!

... When you have no patience for your friend - who falls for every "health: food fad - and all their medical complaints, completely oblivious that they're totall related.

...When people ask you what you want for your birthday and you wonder if asking for a 5 gallon pale of organic, cold pressed, whole kernel coconut oil is too weird of a request! I already asked my wife if I can have another slab of grass fed prime rib!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Krista! That was totally me this weekend! Carnitas, roasted carrots, Moroccan Meatballs, roasted mushrooms, steamed broccoli, baked chicken thighs and drumsticks, sweet potato hash...and I had bacon (surprisingly, while mine is a name brand, it doesn't have sugar! Hooray!) and eggs for dinner as my last non-whole30 night!

Edited to add:

You go to a restaurant for breakfast and are totally bummed about the lack of veggies on the menu. "No cauliflower mash for breakfast?" :(

Never mind. Just re-checked the ingredients (I freeze my bacon in single servings). I lied. So I guess breakfast doesn't count on my day 1...whatever. I'm planning on mostly staying on this diet anyways.

You know someone's doing a Whole 30 when their cart is more full than yours...and it's all fresh veggies, meat, and fruit.

Or when they squeal over there being organic meat in the store.

Or when their excuse for doubling the amount spent on groceries this week is "no really, we have NO FOOD in the house."

That's me! I'm totally out of (non-frozen) veggies and down to one meat entree. Out of 8 lbs of meat and veggies last week. *sigh* I pretty much doubled my spending this week...I'll find a sweet spot somewhere!

Okay, one more. This one is true of me right now!

You know someone is doing a Whole 30 when their refrigerator is so full of stuff that they can't actually see the light in their refrigerator come on because the broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, and huge head of butter lettuce block the light.

I have NO ROOM in my fridge right now. Granted, the door is full of non-W30 condiments, etc. but 85-90% of it is compliant. Wow...

Archived