You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

People ask them why they ate leftovers again for their meals when they said they'd spent all day cooking.

People don't understand their obsession with finding new veggies at the market as they come into season (I'm totally waiting for Spargel, the white asparagus really popular in Germany! It'll be here in a month!).

Finding an unfamiliar spice/fruit/veggie/cut of meat prompts a quick phone search to find a recipe to use with it...in the aisle...at the grocery store.

They just bought a pack of cumin at the store. Again. Because they just went through their last 25g pack in one week.

Their response to every dietary dilemma is "put avocado on it! or mayo! or olive oil!" (I'm totally going to use my mayo for dipping sweet potato cumin fries this week! Now to make more...)

One recipe of mayo from Well Fed lasts a week and a half (not even).

They're running out of jars to put their homemade delicious condiments into (guilty! jar of mayo, two jars of BBQ sauce...need more jars! Time to steal from the glass recycling bin!). Think my husband would be okay if I just emptied out my non-homemade non-Paleo/W30 condiments in glass jars to use for storage? Ha!

Edited to add: they prefer scrambled eggs to fried eggs because "scrambled eggs seem to take up more of the cooking fat. Fried eggs just float in it."

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you have two crock pots on almost every day, one for dinner for the family and one for the primal grain free food you are cooking for your dog.

When your dog also gets a scoop of coconut oil daily.

When you dance with glee the first time your bone broth is gelatinous.

When your kid pulls out cedar planked salmon, broccoli, strawberries, and water for lunch at school on "Pizza Friday."

When you add at the end of all birthday and party invitations "Please let us know if you have any food allergies, sensitivities, or other dietary restrictions so we can make sure we have food for you" because you know how much it sucks to go to a party and have nothing to eat.

I do uncontrollably grin when mine is gelatinous! Also love it when there is a nice hard fat layer over the top once it's been in the fridge for a while!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought I was the only one that got THAT excited when bone broth got gelatinous! hehehe

You know you are doing a whole30 when the vegan cashier at wholefoods hast to comment on the large amounts of meat you are buying.

Grapefruit is just a little too sweet for them.

They ask for the chuck roast, and "leave the fat on."

Steak and eggs sounds like sort of a sissy breakfast.

They have candid conversations with total strangers about their gastrointestinal function.

They break down and sob uncontrollably at the sight of toddlers drinking 100% fruit juice.

They wonder how many miles they can really clock running per week.

They dream about Ring Dings and whiskey instead of sex.

Their real men eat crustless quiche.

When you add at the end of all birthday and party invitations "Please let us know if you have any food allergies, sensitivities, or other dietary restrictions so we can make sure we have food for you" because you know how much it sucks to go to a party and have nothing to eat.

I've totally done that! :)

When you have two crock pots on almost every day, one for dinner for the family and one for the primal grain free food you are cooking for your dog.

When your dog also gets a scoop of coconut oil daily.

When your kid pulls out cedar planked salmon, broccoli, strawberries, and water for lunch at school on "Pizza Friday."

I cook for my dogs too, but never thought about giving them coconut oil. How do your dogs enjoy it, do you mix it with their food? I add a little beef gelatin powder to their dinner every night.

... When your husband asks you to pick up 'bread, ham, cheese, tim tams and lemonade' for him from the supermarket, you feel super guilty putting it in the shopping cart and want to let everyone going past know that you "don't eat this crap".

... You get really anxious about going out for dinner when you can't check the menu online in advance.

... the only reason they have sugar in their pantry is for kombucha and to offer guests (ones you havent converted) to have with their coffee.

This. Haha. I am taking packets of sugar if I buy coffee or tea somewhere and keep them for guests after I had to examine literally every shelf...only to find out I had no sugar at all. Friend's face was something to remember.

-- they're the one asking the local, North Carolina farmers "can you bring me some oxtails? OK, what about liver? I'll take a heart if you've got it. What about tendons? Can you bring me tendons?"

ha, i went into our local butchers about 5 times in four days trying to get hold of some pig's feet & i'm not even on a Whole30 at the moment! These things stick...

Archived