You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The supermarket was out of cumin this week, but I've somehow managed to make it 5 days without any.

Get yourself to an Asian or Chinese supermarket, East End do massive bags of cumin for a couple of quid, and it's pungent stuff. Or even check the World Foods aisles of other supermarkets, more likely to be found in inner cities etc.

When your son points out how lean and compliant rabbit dishes would be if you let him start keeping rabbits.

Gotta say that was a new one for me.

He's right. They do stink when you're gutting them though.

...my "To Do" list for the week reads:

Monday - defrost belly pork

Tuesday - marinate belly pork

Wednesday - cook belly pork

You forgot Thursday - eat belly pork?! :o:D

While watching TV that 5-Hour Energy commercial comes on,

"Eating lunch isn't hard work... so why do you feel so tired afterwards?  Instead of feeling refueled and focused, you're foggy and sluggish.  It's that 2:30 feeling again."

And they yell at the TV, "Because you're eating crap food and your blood sugar is out of whack!!!"

:angry:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Then their spouse tells them that they're becoming a real diet and exercise snob.  Touch´e.

;)

While watching TV that 5-Hour Energy commercial comes on,

"Eating lunch isn't hard work... so why do you feel so tired afterwards?  Instead of feeling refueled and focused, you're foggy and sluggish.  It's that 2:30 feeling again."

And they yell at the TV, "Because you're eating crap food and your blood sugar is out of whack!!!"

:angry:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Then their spouse tells them that they're becoming a real diet and exercise snob.  Touch´e.

;)

:D  :lol:

You should have heard my inline commentary during a hamburger helper commercial last night. *sigh*

...you only use your brownie tin for roasting squash ;)

This is me.  Except this past weekend I gave my brownie pan (the old glass Pyrex classic one) away.  I totally freaking gave away a brownie pan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're excited when you meet someone in real life who just happens to know what the Whole 30 is! You mean...I don't have to explain EVERYTHING to you? BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE NOW!!!!

...I officially love that girl. Her baby's cute, but she understood Whole 30 (apparently one of the local CF gyms does it as a gym on occasion...) and that wins all in my book!

Couple more I'm finding: 

1. You always have a mason jar of coconut milk in the fridge

2. Farmer's market vendors save stuff for you

3. You are constantly running out of chili powder, paprika, and cumin. (I showed my spices to my father in law yesterday and he said 'Its like a SPICE LIBRARY!' This filled me with glee.

You mistakenly read that last part as "This filled me with ghee".

...They go out for a drink with friends and pass up the wine, chips, soda,flavored nuts and happily sip on sparkling water and munch on macadamia nuts from their handbag.

Yup... Actually did this one last week! Of course THEN I discovered that macadamia nuts don't agree with me!

Archived