Sick after canola oil

kea126

I am on day 14 of my Whole30.  I have been really busy over the weekend and have not been able to cook at home like I have been the last two weeks.  I purchased a type of beef at the whole foods hot section that was made with canola oil and a few other compliant spices/seasonings. I checked to make sure canola oil was compliant and found that although it wasn't the best choice in terms of oils, that it was allowed periodically.  I went ahead and purchased the beef and had it for dinner along with some steamed vegetables that I purchased at whole foods as well.  The next morning when I woke up my stomach was extremely upset and I ended up having a violent episode of vomiting and a headache.  I am wondering if anyone else experienced similar symptoms after canola oil on Whole30 or if this could have been food poisoning or a virus?  

Thanks!

• Moderators

It is almost certainly not a reaction to canola oil. People worry about canola oil after they have read a bit on the internet about it, but canola oil is not a likely explanation of your upset stomach, vomiting, or headache. I am not saying that canola oil is good, I'm just saying that obvious symptoms after ingesting some is fantastical for most people. 

Archived